SOLD! King 2341 Tuba BBb Satin Silver 4-valve

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

SOLD! King 2341 Tuba BBb Satin Silver 4-valve

Post by BrassedOn »

****SOLD****

Awesome 4-valve BBb Tuba for sale. I'm the owner.

$5500
tuba.jpg
bell.jpg
slide.jpg
This specific horn is a late prototype or earliest production horn for the updated King 2341 (so called "new model"). You may remember when Dillon Music helped Conn-Selmer kick off the new product line. This horn got all the bling with satin silver, oversized finger buttons, and polished silver inside the bell and slide bows. I also have the 2341 specific heavy duty molded wheeled case.

Official specs: .687" bore, 4 valve front action, 20" bell, , nickel silver mouthpipe, nickel plated pistons. These horns in silver go for $8,609. I don't even know if you can order satin.

Condition Excellent: Top playing shape and condition. Yes, there is silver wear at the top of the first valve slide, and a very slight bend in the the bell (for me, too small to have touched up, and doesn't really show in photos) but definitely no hard crease, and a few fine scratch and minor dings.

This is really a master-of-all horn. I've played this instrument professionally in pit band, brass quintet, orchestra, brass band, early jazz/Dixieland, and german band, and it's certainly at home in a concert or symphonic band.

Prefer local pick up in Austin, TX, but I could meet halfway regionally.

You can contact me via my CL ad or PM
https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/aus ... 12590.html

**updated CL link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BrassedOn on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do less, better."
19xx? Blessing Sousaphone BBb
1970s King 3b Silver Sonic
1976 Fender Precision bass
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Re: FS King 2341 Tuba BBb Satin Silver 4-valve

Post by BrassedOn »

Bump
Price change
"Do less, better."
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Re: FS King 2341 Tuba BBb Satin Silver 4-valve

Post by BrassedOn »

Occasional bump!

Updated CL link here and in the original post, and you can PM me.

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/aus ... 12590.html

I've had a couple nibbles, but seems a lot of us need to sell a horn to buy a horn. Hopefully, whoever is trying to sell some real gem gets their price and the dominos fall for the rest of us! If you're in the area, you're welcome to come play test. THX
"Do less, better."
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Re: SOLD! King 2341 Tuba BBb Satin Silver 4-valve

Post by BrassedOn »

****SOLD****
Thank you to those who inquired.

And thank you to my gracious buyer! I think we both stretched to make the deal happen and walked away satisfied.
The horn has been very good to me, and I feel it is in very good hands. Best to you for many years of enthusiastic playing.
"Do less, better."