*PRICEDROP Cerveny/Sanders "Piggy" 3/4 4-Valve CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubabluba
lurker
lurker

*PRICEDROP Cerveny/Sanders "Piggy" 3/4 4-Valve CC

Post by tubabluba »

*********THIS IS AN UPDATE ON THE PRICEDROP
It pains me to do it but I am selling my Piggy with hard case and Altieri gig bag for $2600 OBO. I am located in the Southernmost part of Texas in case it needs to be shipped out.
https://imgur.com/a/khCBLG0" target="_blank"
*the hard case is not pictured as it was in my attic and I was to lazy to get it at the moment.

I have had this horn since 2011 and it served me well throughout college. The history of the horn prior to that is unknown to me other than that it was made in the Czech Republic.

This little horn is a blast to play. I got some good recordings and auditions out of it and did fairly well in each respective competition, all while playing on it. Despite it's size, it puts out an incredible amount of sound, living up to its nickname of Piggy. It was perfect for any type of small ensemble like quintets or tuba/euph ensembles. In a band setting, it was more than enough for small and medium groups as well. All the registers respond great, especially its wonderful high range making it great for medium tier solos, just a matter of mouthpiece selection.

Suffice to say, it is not without its flaws. The low E down to before the Pedal C can be stuffy but that is the nature of its size. There are minor intonation issues but the most noticeable was the E/Eb in the staff. I usually had to use an alternate fingering or lip it, depending on the mouthpiece. The rotary system gets clanky if not maintained properly. Finally, there is some wear and tear that has occured over the years like the laquer falling off in sections dents have been rolled out. I have gotten all the dents removed other than 2 small ones as shown in the picture but none have ever given me any problems with changes to the sound/tuning.

As much as I love this horn, it is just collecting dust at this point since I don't have time to play C and would much rather buy a Sousaphone to gig. For any more information, please contact me.
Last edited by tubabluba on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tubabluba
lurker
lurker

Re: *PRICEDROP Cerveny/Sanders "Piggy" 3/4 4-Valve CC

Post by tubabluba »

BUMP FOR PRICE DROP
tubabluba
lurker
lurker

Re: *PRICEDROP Cerveny/Sanders "Piggy" 3/4 4-Valve CC

Post by tubabluba »

THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD!