SOLD: Miraphone 188

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

SOLD: Miraphone 188

Post by darth2ba »

***SOLD***

Hello all,

For sale is my Miraphone 188. I have had this horn for about two years and it has treated me quite well. I am the 2nd owner of this tuba. The original owner was Nolan Derrick, who is now in the Navy Fleet Bands. This is a great "do-it-all" tuba. Intonation is excellent - what you'd expect from a 188. I found that E in the staff is best as 1+2, and Eb in the staff as 2+3. There's some lacquer wear where one's arms rest, and a couple small dents in the bottom bow. That said, the condition of the tuba is essentially the same as when I purchased it.

The few modifications I had my repairman do are:

Saturn Water Key
Vent all 5 valves
Custom 3rd slide pull (The angle of the puller is adjustable. I really only need to pull the 3rd slide on low Ab.)

Thank you for looking. Serious inquiries only, please. Please contact me via email: ready(dot)tuba(at)gmail(dot)com

Cheers,
Joe
Last edited by darth2ba on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Joe Ready
Principal Tuba: Portland Opera
Low Brass Instructor: Pacific University
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 188

Post by darth2ba »

Bump!
Joe Ready
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Looks great! That hard case looks pretty sweet too... Shipping with that will be as secure as it gets!
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by darth2ba »

Thank you, Bort! The hard case was custom-made to fit the 188. I had it made in late August/early September 2019. FWIW, the Miraphone gig-bag fits in the hard case as well, so no 2nd box to ship!
Joe Ready
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by darth2ba »

Bump for price reduction!
Joe Ready