** SOLD ** Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $8,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

** SOLD ** Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $8,500

Post by rodmathews »

I bought this 822 new in May of 2006, and it is in near perfect condition. No dents or dings - just a few light scratches around the bell area where it sits on the floor. It just needs a little polishing and it will look like a brand new horn.

This is a great example of an 822, and it is one of the most versatile tubas you'll ever find. I'm moving to a Miraphone Elektra and have two great small CC tubas, so this has become a redundant instrument for me. I will probably regret selling it later on down the road.

$8,500 including everything listed below.

I had Robb Stewart down in LA add a main tuning slide trigger to it in May of 2008. These horns tend to have a slightly sharp third partial, and the trigger makes that a non issue. Without the trigger the notes can be lipped into tune when necessary - the trigger is a "nice to have" addition.

It currently has synthetic felts installed, and I will include a Baer PVAK with the instrument as well. I used it for a while and moved to something a little quieter.

Includes a Yamaha Bobo Solo mouthpiece that is in great condition, which I have found to be a perfect match for this horn. It brightens it up a bit and the intonation is better than any other mouthpiece I've tried on it.

Also includes a brown cordura Glenn Cronkhite bag in excellent condition and the original Yamaha hard case.

Located in Pebble Beach, CA.

Pictures here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArxWMUg3-cNyiuogQmU ... A?e=Jrt3PY" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by rodmathews on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Re: Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $9,400

Post by rodmathews »

Adjusted the price based on some market research and feedback from a couple of people I trust. :-)
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Re: Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $9,000

Post by rodmathews »

Priced to sell. :-)
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Re: Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $8,500

Post by rodmathews »

Lowered the price a bit more after participating in a thread over in the main forum. :-)
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Post by rodmathews »

Bumping up - great horn waiting for a new home!
Cassidy Stanhope
lurker
lurker

Post by Cassidy Stanhope »

PM Sent! Please let us know.
Cassidy Stanhope
XO 1680 CC
YFB 822 F
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Post by rodmathews »

Instrument is on hold.
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Re: **SOLD** Yamaha YFB-822 F Tuba - $8,500

Post by rodmathews »

Sold to a very talented young tuba player!