SOLD- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 6900$ + video

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 6900$ + video

Post by TomTuba »

Hello Friends!
I have a Neptun for sale that finally I brought to the US.
This is a great example of the rotary model from the late 90's.
The horn has a rich and very dark sound, easy blowing in all registers. All the valves and the slides are moving well.
Cosmetically- there are a lot of dents and dings (I am the 4th owner), but nothing that effect the play-ability or the sound.
This horn served me well as a symphony orchestra tuba during all my bachelor, including playing several times with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra.
Now as an international student at the Jacobs School of Music, I got a cc from School, and probably need the money more than a 6/4 horn.
Mr. P played this tuba, and say that this is one of the best Neptuns he ever played.
the Tuba comes with a custom made gig bag,and extras main and 5th tuning slides (for BBb).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvJDebFnrm8" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank in 16:15 you can hear the horn in action!

Asking 7000$, but will consider offers. ALSO- open to talk about trades for cc tuba.
The Tuba is available for testing at Bloomington IN.

Feel free to contact me with questions at: tom1343@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TomTuba on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
hockeyched
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC 8300$ (or best offer)

Post by hockeyched »

Played it today, great tuba. Responds easily, and evenly across all registers. Great sound. Tom is a great guy so if you are in the market for a 6/4 tuba, you should definitely check this horn out.
-Josh Davis
Ball State University DA in progress.
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC 8300$ (or best offer) New P

Post by TomTuba »

Bump for New Pics, can send more by email.
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7800$

Post by TomTuba »

BUMP FOR PRICE DROP!
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7500$

Post by TomTuba »

7500$
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by TomTuba »

bump for covid
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by TomTuba »

bump
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7400$

Post by TomTuba »

7400$
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7400$

Post by TomTuba »

BUMP
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7400$ + vide

Post by TomTuba »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvJDebFnrm8" target="_blank in 16:15 you can hear the horn in action!
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7400$ + vide

Post by TomTuba »

Still available
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7200$ + vide

Post by TomTuba »

7200$
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS- B&S rotary Neptun 6/4 CC $ PRICE DROP $ 7000$ + vide

Post by TomTuba »

7000$ horn needs to go
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

I think these are great tubas. I owned a piston version a long time ago.

Do you have access to a solid repair technician with a set of dent eraser balls? I ask because although the dents and dings you have might not affect playability, they are may be affecting your ability to sell it. I’m thinking 2-3 hours of work will smooth out the bigger dents and will help put the horn in someone else’s hands much quicker.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by TomTuba »

Matt G wrote:I think these are great tubas. I owned a piston version a long time ago.

Do you have access to a solid repair technician with a set of dent eraser balls? I ask because although the dents and dings you have might not affect playability, they are may be affecting your ability to sell it. I’m thinking 2-3 hours of work will smooth out the bigger dents and will help put the horn in someone else’s hands much quicker.
Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately my situation won't allow me to take the tuba to the repair guy, so I'm hoping to find a buyer that won't judge it by the non-perfect look, as it really not affect the play-ability and the lovely-fat sound.
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

TomTuba wrote:
Matt G wrote:I think these are great tubas. I owned a piston version a long time ago.

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately my situation won't allow me to take the tuba to the repair guy, so I'm hoping to find a buyer that won't judge it by the non-perfect look, as it really not affect the play-ability and the lovely-fat sound.
That’s rough. It’s tough also simply because people aren’t all that familiar with these horns as compared to other B&S and M-W tubas. A few of us can vouch for how good the Neptune is (and the rotary version is generally better than the piston) but not nearly as many as say a PT-6(P) or Thor or whatever.

To those wondering what this tuba is, it’s an interesting google search of topics and feedback regarding these instruments. The rotary Neptune CC (VMI/B&S 4098) has generally good feedback.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Happy to share my thoughts on this tuba (the model, but not this exact instrument) with anyone via PM.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

I briefly owned a piston Neptune before my rotary one. I actually liked the way it played a tiny bit better. I went to the rotary version because I needed fast valves for the wind ensemble playing I do. I should preface that by saying that I have smaller than normal hands and can strain them easily. In short, both are good tubas and are surprisingly versatile for their size.
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

The B&S Neptune is really a lovely big tuba. I just cannot understand why is not so popular. Maybe because the "York" fashion, who knows... I love mine to the point the I am really thinking to keep It for the resto of my life. :tuba:
Some stuff
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

There aren't that many Neptunes around. They've been replaced by the MRP, which is somewhat in-between the PT-6 and Neptune. The MRP is reportedly a very responsive tuba.