Yamaha 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale (SOLD)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Yamaha 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale (SOLD)

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

I have a fantastic YFB 621 F tuba(Very early serial #, 100041. Original bell had no logo) for sale. I will include the original bell too. I purchased this instrument from Alan Baer. Alan set the instrument up which included lifting the lead-pipe off the bell, venting the valves, taking the entire instrument apart and releasing the tension and aligning the slides.

I then had Matt Walters go through the horn and tweak it. He also aligned the valves put a slide stop on the first valve slide and put a pollard water key on the main tubing slide.

I replaced the valve buttons with much larger Martin Wilk valve buttons. They are aluminum, so even though they are bigger they are lighter than the original Yamaha buttons.

Finally I had Mike Morse install the larger 16" bell from Tom McGrady at Mack brass. The bell was a perfect fit and the quality of the silver was just as good as the Yamaha silver plating. Tom was very helpful in making this happen. This horn plays like the much more expensive BOBO model 821 F. Has a much bigger and colorful sound More like a German rotor F.

Instrument also includes the Yamaha hard case and Altieri gig bag.

I am asking $6700.00 OBO (Reduced from $7200.00). Horn is located in Virginia. Send me a personal message with questions or an offer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rivercity Tuba on Thu May 14, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: YFB 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale

Post by MackBrass »

This is a great deal, the sound difference with the larger bell makes this model more like a real 4/4 size F tuba. What was surprising after Rich changed the bell was how it sounded more like my Gronitz and B&S pre-perantucci f tubas. The small bell Yamaha goes for over 10k but this sounds more like the 821 Bobo that goes for over 14k. Whom ever gets this will be getting an amazing horn.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
zeb
bugler
bugler

Re: YFB 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale

Post by zeb »

I was lucky to get some time on this horn a few days ago. Absolutely the best 621 I have ever played. Yes, I've played quite a few 621's and owned one for about 15 years.

The larger bell adds a huge amount of color and presence to the often bland 621 sound yet retains an even response through all registers.

Rich keeps his horns in immaculate condition, whoever buys this will have a very special instrument.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: Yamaha YFB 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale

Post by MackBrass »

If I didn't own this model, by the way I also installed the larger 16 inch bell on mine, I would have bought this one.

These are as close to plug and play as it gets and the sound is amazing.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

Will entertain reasonable offers- Bump
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

Bump

Will consider all reasonable offers
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

I had a similar bell installed on mine. Very happy with the change. FWIW.
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

Will consider all reasonable offers
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Yamaha 621 F tuba with larger 16" bell for sale (Price d

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

Price reduction bump, will consider all reasonable offers
keeganthepotato
lurker
lurker

Post by keeganthepotato »

I was lucky enough to get this horn, by far one of the best F tubas I have ever played! Rich was super helpful, very kind, very diligent, I appreciate all that he was able to do for me. He also made some great suggestions as for mouthpieces, oils, etc. and all really made a huge difference in my playing. So thank you Rich for the horn and recommendations! Whoever buys his last few horns will be very very lucky indeed.
- Keegan

Eastman EBC 632
Yamaha YFB 621
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

Thanks Keegan! I would add that Keegan was a pleasure to work with and very patient.