FS: Miraphone 183 Eb

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Too Loud
lurker
lurker

FS: Miraphone 183 Eb

Post by Too Loud »

Greetings,

I'm selling my beautifully sounding Miraphone 183 Eb tuba because I don't play it enough to justify keeping it. Pictures of it can be found by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6srp20qjtqb ... awSCa?dl=0. It does not come with a case. I am selling it for $1200, buyer pays for shipping. The horn is located in northeastern Utah three hours from Salt Lake City and six hours from Denver. You can PM me if you want my contact information.

Thank you.
Last edited by Too Loud on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JasonV
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Miraphone 183 Eb

Post by JasonV »

Location?
Jason Venesky
Principal Tuba, Butler County Symphony Orchestra
Tuba/Euphonium Instructor, Grove City College
Too Loud
lurker
lurker

Post by Too Loud »

JasonV wrote:Location?
I apologize for not including the lacation. The horn is located in northeastern Utah three hours from Salt Lake City and six hours from Denver.
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tmz1m »

Sent you a pm.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Getzen 3047AFR Tenor Trombone
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Too Loud wrote:Greetings,

I'm selling my beautifully sounding Miraphone 183 Bb tuba because I don't play it enough to justify keeping it. Pictures of it can be found by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6srp20qjtqb ... awSCa?dl=0. It does not come with a case. I am selling it for $1200, buyer pays for shipping. The horn is located in northeastern Utah three hours from Salt Lake City and six hours from Denver. You can PM me if you want my contact information.

Thank you.
FYI:
To clarify, this is an Eb tuba, as you state in your subject, but the first sentence above states Bb tuba.
Bearin' up!
Too Loud
lurker
lurker

Post by Too Loud »

scottw wrote:
Too Loud wrote:Greetings,

I'm selling my beautifully sounding Miraphone 183 Bb tuba because I don't play it enough to justify keeping it. Pictures of it can be found by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6srp20qjtqb ... awSCa?dl=0. It does not come with a case. I am selling it for $1200, buyer pays for shipping. The horn is located in northeastern Utah three hours from Salt Lake City and six hours from Denver. You can PM me if you want my contact information.

Thank you.
FYI:
To clarify, this is an Eb tuba, as you state in your subject, but the first sentence above states Bb tuba.
I apologize for that; yes, this tuba is an Eb, not a Bb. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

How's the intonation? I used to have one that the intonation was, um, challenging. This tuba looks much better, and I kind of miss having an Eb.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Too Loud
lurker
lurker

Post by Too Loud »

iiipopes ,

Thank you for your question. I apologize for taking so long to reply. The intonation on this horn can be challenging at times, especially in the low register, but that behavior in the low register is common to most German bass tubas. She really is a beautifully-sounding horn which I am sad to part with.
ParLawGod
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ParLawGod »

PM sent.
Too Loud
lurker
lurker

Post by Too Loud »

I'm just bumping this post up to the top. Thank you.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

PM sent.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.