BMB J-845 CC Tuba- $4500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dstockler
lurker
lurker

BMB J-845 CC Tuba- $4500

Post by dstockler »

This is a BMB J-845 CC Tuba (4P+1R) in silver plate. I purchased this horn new in 2013 to go to college with, but chose a different career field and ended up not going into music. I have been very happy and impressed with this horn since I got it. It is in great condition and only has a few small dents from general use. It has had fairly little use since I bought it, only playing a couple years in a community band. This tuba has great tone, intonation and has a very warm, deep sound. I'm asking $4500 OBO. This horn new is $5,800. I would entertain a trade for a 5 valve BBb. I am hoping to join a brass band and that is why i'm selling the instrument. Located in the Dayton Ohio area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dstockler on Sun May 10, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Re: BMB J-845 CC Tuba- $4500

Post by Alex C »

I've played a number of these and they are really quite good... but at this price it is an absolute steal!

If you are not sure you need a 6/4 you couldbuy this one and stick it in a corner until called for, then you can unload a ton of sound when needed.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Alex C wrote:I've played a number of these and they are really quite good... but at this price it is an absolute steal!

If you are not sure you need a 6/4 you couldbuy this one and stick it in a corner until called for, then you can unload a ton of sound when needed.
Isn't this the 4/4 CC?
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Post by The Brute Squad »

Yes. The J-865 is the 6/4.
Joe K

Player of tuba, taker of photos, breaker of things (mostly software)

Miraphone 181 F w/ GW Matanuska/Yamaha John Griffiths
Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
grayax
lurker
lurker

Post by grayax »

I briefly played an 865 that needed some oil. I have played a 765 pretty extensively and loved it (even more than the MW 195/2 I was playing it against. Are the 845 and 865 fairly similar?

I have a well-used King 1241 (I live in Columbus), but I don't think anyone would consider that a fair trade. :wink:
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

grayax wrote:I briefly played an 865 that needed some oil. I have played a 765 pretty extensively and loved it (even more than the MW 195/2 I was playing it against. Are the 845 and 865 fairly similar?
The 845 is a 4/4 tuba, the 865 is a 6/4.

The 845 is a terrific 4/4 tuba which compares favorably to the Nirschl tuba. I owned a Nirschl, when I played the 844 (the four valve model) I sold it and bought the BMB. The Nirschl was terrific! The BMB was terrific and cost half as much. I played it professionally for 4-5 years until embouchure problems stopped me from playing at that level.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
dstockler
lurker
lurker

Post by dstockler »

Bump.. Still available!