SOLD 1911 Boosey Solbron Eb 4v Comp

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
cctubaneeds
bugler
bugler

SOLD 1911 Boosey Solbron Eb 4v Comp

Post by cctubaneeds »

For Sale: 1911 Boosey & Co Class A Solbron Eb 4v Comp

I bought this one a whim over a year ago. I THINK it was high pitch converted, with a lengthened lead pipe. The valves look to be copper plated to help compression. The compression is just okay with heavy valve oil.

My intention was to restore a use as a fun little demo horn or solo horn. I do not have the means to restore it. If I were to restore it, I would re-plate the valves and change out the lead pipe, which a Besson or Yamaha Eb would work.

Photos. I will gladly take more.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank

Takes small euro or British shank. So Wick with no L. Has a case, but not a good one.

$600 plus shipping. I will pack it really well. Open to offers and trades.
Last edited by cctubaneeds on Sun May 24, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP379CC
Boosey & Co Solbron Eb - 4v Comp
cctubaneeds
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 1911 Boosey Solbron Eb 4v Comp

Post by cctubaneeds »

Intonation is good. It sits with very similar tenancies to a Besson Sovereign, or my Bossey Imperial I used to have. For me it is pretty much plug and play with a Wick 3.
JP379CC
Boosey & Co Solbron Eb - 4v Comp
TheConnsequence
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 1911 Boosey Solbron Eb 4v Comp

Post by TheConnsequence »

PM'd.
"Tuba is love, tuba is life."
cctubaneeds
bugler
bugler