6/4 BBb Cerveny 601 Bag&Case - [SOLD]

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TwoAxe
lurker
lurker

6/4 BBb Cerveny 601 Bag&Case - [SOLD]

Post by TwoAxe »

With a heavy heart, I have decided to sell/trade away this fantastic tuba. I am a college student whose primary instrument is bass trombone and I'm looking for a smaller tuba to do solo and quintet work as I will most likely not be able to play tuba in a large ensemble for a very long time. The tuba is too large for me to justifiably own and lug around a large college campus.

This tuba has a HUGE sound! With a .834 bore size, this tuba can really play special. Because of this, it has a glorious and fat low register like every good BBb tuba should. Also, because of the light brass composition Cerveny uses, it has a really solid and delicate high range. If you want to OWN the sound of a large orchestra, wind band, or brass band, this is the tuba for you no doubt. It by no means is a bad choice for soloing either, I've performed several solos with this horn and filled up the space.

My first preference is to trade anywhere to about 500 miles outside the Kansas City area. (If it's really good though, I'd drive a little further to meet in the middle). I'm looking for any tuba that can be used for small uses like solo and quintet. I would be extremely interested if someone has an old or new style King 2341 or something similar to that build like a Reynolds. I'm also really interested in CC and F tubas but I don't have as much knowledge on them to prefer a choice that is within my price range.

Here are the pictures!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Thanks Ya'll
Chris
Last edited by TwoAxe on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daveinem
bugler
bugler

Re: 6/4 BBb Cerveny 601 Bag&Case - $3000 or Trade for Bb, CC

Post by daveinem »

Message sent.
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Boosey and Hawkes EEb
Leningrad EEb
Courtois AC 440 trombone
Conn 88H
Conn 8H
Besson New Standard
Courtois Alto trombone
grayax
lurker
lurker

Re: 6/4 BBb Cerveny 601 Bag&Case - $3000 or Trade for Bb,C,F

Post by grayax »

I have an old 1241 with a recording bell that plays reasonably well. It looks like it was the unloved tuba in a high school band. But, I am sure you can probably do better than what I have to offer though.
WitchyPsycho2
lurker
lurker

Post by WitchyPsycho2 »

Havent seen any bumps but are you still looking to trade?
TwoAxe
lurker
lurker

Post by TwoAxe »

No, not anymore, I just found a suitable trade for it