Beware of newbie scammers

The bulk of the musical talk
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Beware of newbie scammers

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Thank you, Mark. I got one of these a few days ago. They’d noticed I expressed interest in a For Sale listing and claimed to have the same thing for a better price if I’d send them an email. Then the newbie account vanished a little later.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

My wife is still at the beach, maybe you can hook us up?? :tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
WC8KCY
3 valves
3 valves

Post by WC8KCY »

FWIW...I participate in a philatelic forum that requires 50 "quality" posts before PM functionality is enabled, so "+1 :D " posts don't count toward the quota. That policy seems to stop scammers in their tracks.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

the elephant wrote:+1

Now that's just MEAN!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
TwoAxe
lurker
lurker

Post by TwoAxe »

So I'm new because I was recently made aware of this site, and I've been trying to sell/trade my tuba for about 6 months now. Does this mean my post will probably get taken down?
Boomer
bugler
bugler

Post by Boomer »

I participate in a local forum that involves the sale of firearms. Since the beginning of the Covid lock down, it has been inundated with new member who are obviously intent on scams.

The biggest one arises when you post a notice in the "wanted to buy" which is usually an obscure item or part. You get a PM from a new member with an email of a buddy who just happens to have that rare item at a bargain price.

Lots of board discussion, but no one has figured out the connection with the Covid panic.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Hibiliby preppers and home schoolers. Now, suddenly, everyone wants to be them!! :lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
boredhorns
lurker
lurker

Post by boredhorns »

I have been a member for a couple years and really enjoy the site. I currently have Conn Eb Naked Lady Sousaphone posted on this site that someone is interested in buying. I tried to respond to their message but I am unable too send them a response. I am wondering if my status on this site has something to do with my inability to reply. Thank You