SOLD - Wessex ‘Chicago-Presence’ - $6,800 PRICE DROP

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
CodyMessersmith
bugler
bugler

SOLD - Wessex ‘Chicago-Presence’ - $6,800 PRICE DROP

Post by CodyMessersmith »

Hello all!

Newly cleaned and serviced by Baltimore Brass Co. in Maryland!

All slides move freely, very few small dents, and minimal wear on the instrument.

This Wessex Chicago-Presence is a phenomenal example of modern engineering and a beautiful adaptation of a legendary tuba that we all know and love. The Wessex Chicago-Presence is closely modeled after the York tubas of the CSO. What makes the Chicago-Presence so unique and likely the most versatile 6/4 tubas on the market? The 18” bell for a more compact sound allows this instrument to fit well in smaller ensembles, as well as paint its thick, velvety tone beneath a large band or orchestra. This instrument comes with an Eastman Messina Covers gig bag and a wheeled hard case that protects the instrument very well. I am willing to entertain reasonable offers.

This instrument is sold for $9,750 new.
I am asking $6,800.

Photos of the instrument: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... i-p7cehRW0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

What Wessex has to say about it:

Based on the Classic American 6/4 CC Tuba as used in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the TC694 CC 6/4 Front-Piston Tuba ‘Chicago-Presence’ is manufactured lightweight with new design leadpipe and 18” bell to provide more presence and improved intonation with the ease of response of a 5/4 tuba.
This beautiful CC 6/4 Front-Piston Tuba has been enhanced by Wessex Tubas’ Chief Design Consultant and ex-US Army Band Tubaist Chuck Nickles; featuring Wyvern engraved valve buttons and stainless steel valves which are vented for smooth legato playing.
Available in a range of finishes including brushed silver and unlacquered raw brass, this impressive tuba has been sensitively hand-made by skilled craftsmen; a brass instrument of beauty and elegance.
An orchestral Tuba for sale made for the 21st Century!
* Bore, valves 1-3: 0.75” (19mm)
* Bore 4th valve: 0.79” (20mm)
* Bore 5th valve: 0.87” (22mm)
* Bell: 18” (450mm)
* Height: 36.5” (93cm)
* Weight: 22lb (10kg)
Special Features:
1. Based on design of original York CC as played in Chicago Symphony Orchestra with enhancements by Chuck Nickles, ex-US Army Band Europe
2. Entirely handmade with hand hammered bell and larger bows
3. New designed leadpipe to improve response
4. Exceedingly lightweight due to the hand-made manufacturing
5. All nickel slides
6. Stainless Steel valves which are vented for smooth legato playing
7. Wyvern Engraved valve buttons
8. Supplied in latched hard case

I would prefer not to ship, but if shipped, the full payment must be received before shipment. All sales final. Located in York, PA.

Thanks for looking!

Cody Messersmith
codyamessersmith(at)gmail(dot)com
Last edited by CodyMessersmith on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodyMessersmith
bugler
bugler

Re: Wessex ‘Chicago-Presence’ - $6,800 PRICE DROP

Post by CodyMessersmith »

Bump for price drop
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

That's a real steal! Good luck!
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

I don't normally comment on For Sale posts, but as a Presence owner this is a steal. This bell flare definitely works on these York copies.
Rob. Just Rob.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Even *I* stopped to look at it a few times. :tuba: