Silver King 2341 new-style tuba for sale SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
billeuph
bugler
bugler

Silver King 2341 new-style tuba for sale SOLD

Post by billeuph »

Old age and health issues force me to sell my much-loved King. I bought this new from Dillon Music about 15 years ago. Matt Walters helped me pick from the three kings that they had in stock, and this one was by far the best player. Over the years, Matt did a lot of work on this horn. He removed some internal solder blobs and blockages to make it free blowing, he vented the valves for easier fast playing, he installed nylon valve guides, and he sent the valves out for replating to tighten the clearances, and he installed a much-needed water key in the third valve slide. All of these things helped make this the best sounding and easiest playing tuba I've ever used. Lots of pictures are here-
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPrDfau

A lot of equipment is included. The King hard case is nearly new and shows little wear. A great German-made Soundware gig bag is also included. This bag gives a lot more protection than most bags, and it has the best backpack and harness for easy carrying. It's been used heavily but is in great shape. This bag will hold even bigger horns. I used to carry a VMI 3301 in it. Also included is a homemade tuba mute that I've used exactly twice in 15 years. I'll include the mouthpiece that I've been using- a Laskey 30F. I found that a slightly shallower mouthpiece helped speed the response of the horn in higher passages compared to deeper Laskey mouthpieces or the Conn Helleburg.

The silver finish is in good shape except for one spot about the size of a dime near the right hand thumb ring. The silver in this one spot didn't last the first year of use. There are several small dings and scratches as you would expect from a 15 year old well-used horn. It still looks great.

We're located in Gainesville, FL, and I'm willing to drive quite a distance to meet a buyer halfway. I would prefer not to ship.

Bill Anderson
Last edited by billeuph on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Silver King 2341 new-style tuba for sale $4200

Post by Matt G »

What a great looking horn! Given the work done, it should sell quickly.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Gorgeous!
billeuph
bugler
bugler