For Sale: 2 King 2341s (90s era) with pictures

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

For Sale: 2 King 2341s (90s era) with pictures

Post by tylerferris1213 »

Hello everyone! I recently acquired three of these and two of them have to go. These are the older style with a detachable bell. They have the much more sought after 19 inch bells and top pull 1st slides. Based on the top pull first valve slide, receiver, and open wrap 3rd valve slide, I think these are from the 90's, although I may be wrong about that. The bells for both are great. One of them is in spectacular condition. The other one has small dings here and there, and the largest (but still not very big) is on the bottom bow. They come with the original bell and body hard cases, which are in great condition. Here's a link to some pictures of the horns. The first 3 are of the lesser horn, which has a silver finger button on the fourth. The last three are of the better one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/749r4i7ax7m6 ... FxxIa?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm asking $3,500 for the better one and $3,200 for the one with the ding in the bottom bow. Feel free to shoot me a reasonable offer for one or both of them! I'm located in Cleveland and am willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet a buyer. I'd rather not ship, but I can at the buyer's expense. Feel free to shoot me an email at tylerferris1213@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank if you have more questions.
Last edited by tylerferris1213 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: For Sale: 2 King 2341s

Post by groth »

If the serial numbers date them to 1975-1980 they are 1241's. The very late 1241's had top pull 1st valves as they transitioned into the 2341 model. Do they have the curly-Q 3rd valve slide up top?
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Re: For Sale: 2 King 2341s

There is no curly Q slide valve loop up top. Maybe I dated them wrong.
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Re: For Sale: 2 King 2341s (90s era) with pictures

I just added pictures and have a better idea of the age. Also, I'm willing to sell them individually or as a pair, so shoot me an offer!
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
J.c. Sherman
6 valves
6 valves

Re: For Sale: 2 King 2341s (90s era) with pictures

Post by J.c. Sherman »

Regardless of their model number, we all know what they are. And they have the same receiver and characteristics that mark every late 90s 2341 I've seen.

That said, these are - maybe - the last of the greats. Not made with the current "warm butter" metal and the constantly failing mouth-pipe connector, or hex screws to fall out, or the plunging build quality. These two will out last you and play great (though I prefer the older style receivers, these are at least not the modern hybrid receivers that drive me mad) into the next century. And they have the gold lacquer I love (though I hat to work with it! :) )

:tuba:
Instructor of Tuba & Euphonium, Cleveland State University
Principal Tuba, Firelands Symphony Orchestra
President, Variations in Brass
http://www.jcsherman.net