(Sold) Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" for sale $11,000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
hump0608
lurker
lurker

(Sold) Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" for sale $11,000

Post by hump0608 »

Hello! I am selling my CC tuba, it is a Meinl Weston 5450 Thor. It is silver, 5 valve (4 piston, 1 rotor), the first 3 valves are stock and the 4th is a MAW valve. It is an excellent horn that I purchased from Ryan Robinson in 2016, and has served me well through my master’s degree and first two years of DMA at UNT. I would love to hold onto it, but I can’t justify having two CC tubas right now, and this one is just a little too much tuba for my current needs. There is minor wear marks on the bottom bow with a couple of small dings here and there, but in overall great shape!

I am looking for $11,000, which includes a navy blue Cronkite bag that fits it perfect, and an MTS flight case that is in perfect shape. It is located in Frisco, TX. While I am potentially open to shipping, I would really rather not, I am willing to drive up to 5 hours to meet someone if necessary. Send me a private message if you would like more details!
Last edited by hump0608 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Humphreys
Adjunct Professor of Tuba and Euphonium, Texas Woman's University
Adjunct Professor of Tuba and Euphonium, Texas Wesleyan University
Besson Prestige 2052 Euphonium
Eastman EBE851 Eb Tuba
Eastman EBC832 CC Tuba
hump0608
lurker
lurker

Re: Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" for sale $11,000

Post by hump0608 »

Bump for a great horn!