***SOLD*** B&S PT-20PS (4197-S) W/ leather cronkhite bag

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

***SOLD*** B&S PT-20PS (4197-S) W/ leather cronkhite bag

Post by Casey Tucker »

THE HORN HAS SOLD. UPDATING AND LEAVING POST TO REFERENCE FOR FUTURE SELLERS OF SIMILAR ITEMS

Well, here it is. I've put this up a couple of times a got cold feet; the horn holds sentimental value but times are tough and i have to sell it.

FS: B&S PT-20PS (4197-s; new model numbers) w/ a two-tone leather cronkhite bag

The horn was purchased in 2004 from custom (tuba world) and has held up marvelously. The bag was purchased from The Horn Guys and has some wear from the Mrs.'s cats. The horn is a perfect match for any major wind ensemble, sits nicely in an orchestra even being a 4/4, but is not too big for small ensemble/quintet work. For context, i used it throughout all of my collegiate ensembles (orchestra/wind ensemble/quintet).

there are the expected dings and dents from a 16 year old instrument; i've done my best to picture these. there are no MAJOR dents and certainly nothing that affects the playing characteristics of the instrument. all slides move freely and the valves are in good shape.

Sale price OBO: $6,500

The horn new on WWBW.com lists for $12,049 - https://www.wwbw.com/BS-4197-Series-5-V ... 04000.wwbw
The bag new on Glenn's website lists for $1,206 - https://glenncronkhite.com/product/tuba-bag

The horn is located in The Woodlands, TX, roughly 30-45 minutes north of downtown Houston. I do NOT have a hard case and would prefer not to ship but if I must ship, be aware that the sale is final prior to shipping and you are responsible for any damage incurred during shipping; I will NOT ship for trials. I am more than happy to drive for trials/sales around the state and welcome those who are interested are welcome to come to my house to give it a blow.

Pictures: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mY1kE3 ... P6-WxFG78A
Playing examples: upon request

I am motivated to sell so make me an offer.

Thanks for the interest.
Last edited by Casey Tucker on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Re: B&S PT-20PS (4197-S) W/ leather cronkhite bag

Post by Casey Tucker »

bump!
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

Buuuump
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

it was brought to my attention that the pictures link isn't working so here is the link i've pulled from icloud:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BXBsSt ... 3wQxy4FC8w

if for some reason a link isn't working let me know and i'll get it corrected. Big thanks to Bort!

-CT
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

LOOOONG TIIIIIME BUUUUMP.

it's been a crazy 8 months and let this fall by the wayside. new pic link listed below. MOTIVATED TO SELL.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0tyJFAI ... xhssr6WAaA
cherrm1
bugler
bugler

Post by cherrm1 »

PM sent
---
York/King Custom BBb (Tabor-built)
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

cherrm1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:29 amPM sent
10-4 🤠
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

bump! i have a few nibbles but nothing set in stone. if you want an outstanding playing example of this model for more than 1/2 off new (total new for horn and bag is over $13,000) MAKE ME AN OFFER.
cle_tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S PT-20PS (4197-S) C/ bolsa cronkhite de couro

Post by cle_tuba »

hello, I would like pictures of the tuba and also to know what the lowest price I live in Brazil and I am interested in the instrument my email for the photos is cle_tuba@yahoo.com.br thank you Cleverson
Cleverson Zavatto
Tubist
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

The horn has sold. Thank you all for the interest. Cheers!