Off the market

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bcollins
bugler
bugler

Off the market

Post by bcollins »

I am retiring from playing and parting with my Conn 52J CC tuba. It is in great shape with only a few minor dents, and most of those are located on the bottom bow guard. The thumb ring was replaced with a Yamaha F tuba ring. The 1st valve slide tubes were buffed down to make a very effortless slide pull. Included are a set of MAW valves and springs(valued around $1,000). The valves have plastic guides for a quiet stroke. They come with aluminum stems and hammered aluminum finger buttons. The lightness of the valves, stems, and finger buttons give the valve stroke a euphonium feel. The MAW valves really make for a free blowing and clear sound. They also add to the articulation and clarity of slurs and rapid passages and open the low range a bit. The original valves, springs, and finger buttons are also included. A set of silver Yamaha buttons with pearl caps are thrown in as
well. The original case is a bit scuffed, but in good working order. The horn also comes with an Alteri gig bag in excellent shape. Just for the heck of it, I’ll throw in a BERP that was only used for a couple of weeks. This tuba has that classic American CC tuba sound and is easy to play.
I am asking $5,000 for the entire setup.
I am located in Longview, TX 75604. Buyer pays shipping.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2daefndaq2pm ... pypca?dl=0
Last edited by bcollins on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Re: Conn 52J Satin Silver CC Tuba

Post by TheodoreSmith »

Do you possibly still have the old valves?
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321
bcollins
bugler
bugler

Re: Conn 52J Satin Silver CC Tuba

Post by bcollins »

As stated in the description, the tuba comes with:

1. MAW valves, springs, aluminum stems, and finger buttons
2. Original valves, springs, stems, and finger buttons
3. A set of Yamaha finger buttons
4. Original hard case