Old Dude and Ready to Sell

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Roboslack
lurker
lurker

Old Dude and Ready to Sell

Post by Roboslack »

Guy's I am at that age where I am thinking of selling out my hoard of instruments. I was diagnosed with Stage IV Throat Cancer - the first thing they did was to force me to let them pull all of my teeth. Try backing up an embrasure without teeth! Even with false teeth - Nope, not gonna do it! With false teeth -painful. Without teeth, impossible. Some personal background:

I am an old former military musician (Army) having served stateside and in Germany (yes, in oomm pa pa land) and in my entire military years only played a BBb Tuba as that is all those military bands issued and used - yes I loved solos on my EEb, FF compensating lyrical tubas, but the Army did NOT call for that - again only BBb work was the call.

Before that, I was a Music Major and used my Pristine EEb 983 Silver, Besson, 4 frontal valve tuba – like the one played by Patrick Sheridan, and American and British Brass Bands – Give a listen to the Salvation Army, New York Staff Band - they featured Patrick Sheridan on this model tuba on CD entitled "Blazing Brass" I believe this CD is still on Amazon, and you can listen for free on Youtube. I still have that one owner, aged, London, Besson 983 – the one I used only for University adjudications, while a music major. Even then I wore only white gloves each time to play and handle that baby - it is now for sale, for the right offer - it is in such Pristine, immaculate, condition, and it has no swirl marks - in its silver, and always kept in its Besson hard case… Anyone interested in the 983 - - - make an offer.

I also have a Conn 5J and two King Sousaphones + plus other instruments, if interested…
Martf125
lurker
lurker

Re: Old Dude and Ready to Sell

Post by Martf125 »

Hi, I could be interested. Contact me at ferrantuba@gmail.com

Thank you in advance
BTripp
bugler
bugler

Post by BTripp »

Dear Roboslack, Sorry to hear about your health issues. Thank you for your service. I have played in a group called Eurobrass in Germany for several Years. My email is Trippb@sharpusa.com if yiu would like to start a conversation. Thank you. Bernie
sactubaguy59
bugler
bugler

Post by sactubaguy59 »

Sorry about your health issues and thanks for your service to our country. Im interested in your sousaphones smfdcapt@surewest.net
Thanks!
1951 #2341 4 valve King with Holton Bell
2006 Miraphone #282
1960 Conn 14k 4 valve Bb standard bell or helicon bell option
Franken Helicon Conn 20k valves; Mammoth body; Miraphone bell
King fiberglass sousie with brass bell.
Conn24J
BopEuph
pro musician
pro musician

Post by BopEuph »

Like everyone else, sorry to hear about your health. Where do you reside?
Nick
Shinn
bugler
bugler

Post by Shinn »

As others have written, I too am sorry to hear your health is declining and also thank you for your service to our nation.

Though none were mentioned in your original post, do you have any euphoniums?

I share your interest and appreciation of Besson - own and play a 1974 New Standard 3+1 euphonium in the frosted silver finish.

If you have any Besson euphoniums, please let us know.
David
Tubaforest
lurker
lurker

Post by Tubaforest »

I would love to talk on the king sousaphones some. My email is i2by4esti@gmail.com
Rotaryclub
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rotaryclub »

From another career Army Band tubist-thank you for your service.
brendanige
bugler
bugler

Post by brendanige »

Thanks for your service! If you can, as per forum rules, please update your post with location and price.
hhx644
lurker
lurker

Post by hhx644 »

Hi do u have any F tuba wanna sale? If u have please contact me tubajx@gmail.com.Sincere regards
Reptilian
bugler
bugler

Post by Reptilian »

I sent you a message about the Conn as a potential choice for my school band. I hope it was received--please let me know if it was not. Thanks.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

Man, maybe it's just me, but... is anyone else getting the crap detector going off here?

The 983 hasn't been around that long, maybe 25 years but he played it in college and then had a full career in the military? He ALWAYS wore white gloves? "No swirl marks"? "University Adjudications"? A lack of details on pricing, location, pictures, etc.

Sorry, I work for a for a company that identifies email spam and this reeks of phishing and/or a scam. I call BS on this post.
Rob. Just Rob.
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Post by tubadoctor »

PM sent a while back... Just checking in to see if you sold any or all of these yet...
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Grant »

I also sent him a PM when this post first showed. Never heard from him.
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Hasn't logged in since March 24th. Stage IV anything is no joke... I hope he is okay.