Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Michael Woods
bugler
bugler

Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools

Post by Michael Woods »

I am officially getting out of playing tuba.

I need to sell a

Wilson 3050S - $8500 excellent condition Wilk valve caps, picks upon request via text. I lapped the 1st and 4th slide to be easily pulled. I lapped the 3rd also but only to free it up a bit as it was real hard to move at all.

Mienl Weston 45S - $5500 Is apparently one of 2 that had red brass bells and Matt Walters mods done to them. I studied with Perantoni at IU and he told me to never get rid of this horn which is really unusual for him to say about something that wasn't a PT . . .
I did some of my own modifications to this horn and when I did them did not consider the finish as I never thought I was going to get rid of this tuba. So a couple of the solder joints have burn spots on the laquer. No major dents in the bows and no creases in the bell.
If you are interested PM with your number and I'll send photos via text.
I reversed the main tuning slide and the 2nd valve slide and added a brace at the top of the 5th valve that connects to the 4th valve. I also cut the 3rd vavle slide shorter because high C#/Db was too flat. I added a long pull ring to the 3rd slide so it can be access above the top bow.

The 45S has been played very little since its last chem clean and is super clean inside.
The 3050 has been played since it's last chem clean and is only slightly dirty in the inside.

Valves aligned properly on both.

Both tubas have been played professional and I wouldn't get rid of them if I wasn't changing careers.

Each tuba has its own flight case and Altieri gig bag.

I have a full repair shop of brass tools that I'd like to sell. Cornet through tuba, full set of trombone rods, all sorts of stuff, just ask I'm no longer doing this in the summers so it has to go.

I'm gonna sell the tools together, probably around $4500-$5000 but I need to inventory what I have first.

Everything is located in San Antonio TX
Last edited by Michael Woods on Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.
hhx644
lurker
lurker

Re: Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools

Post by hhx644 »

Hi I’m interested ur f tuba could you update pic on website? Also please contact me email tubajx@gmail.com if any available
Michael Woods
bugler
bugler

Re: Wilson 3050s/MW 45S and Full Set of Repair Tools

Post by Michael Woods »

Bump-Updated the add with more information
Michael Woods
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Woods »

Bump-
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

Message sent a few days ago...
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
Michael Woods
bugler
bugler

Re: Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools - Price INCREASE

Post by Michael Woods »

After having not played most of the pandemic I decided to play a little bit today. I can't sell my MW 45s for $5000 it just plays too well and I really like the horn. $7000 and I will feel ok about selling it. Sorry if folks think this is a dick move, I don't have anyone really interested anyways.

-Michael
elow
lurker
lurker

Re: Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools - Price INCREASESmaile

Post by elow »

emaild
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Re: Tubas and Full Set of Repair Tools - Price INCREASE

Post by greenbean »