Eastman 836 for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KevFlan
lurker
lurker

Eastman 836 for sale

Post by KevFlan »

A FANTASTIC 836, I am asking $9,900 for it. New ones go for ~$10,700. This Eastman is very easy playing especially for the size of the horn. I bought it new from the tuba exchange a few years back. They had a few so I was able to pick the best one of the batch. I have had it recently serviced by the exquisite Kevin Bowen at North Georgia Horn Works. The first valve slide is lapped up really well so it moves like a trombone slide, if that’s not your thing you can put some thicker slide grease on it and it should be fine. I am including the hard case it came with as well (dog not included).

There are a few slight cosmetic issues. Some scratches from where I’ve had dents rolled out and the lacquer has worn off where your left wrist rests. The pictures show these spots. Besides these minor cosmetic issues, the horn is in immaculate condition.

I have played other 836s and this is most definitely one of the “good ones”.
This horn has served me well in summer music festivals, competitions, and grad school auditions. I am sad to see this one go.

I’d prefer not to ship so I am willing to do a road trip to meet half way. Shipping is an option only if absolutely necessary. Buyer pays shipping.
I am located in Atlanta GA. CONUS only!

Here are some pictures of the horn:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please send inquiries to kevflan123@gmail.com

Thank you!