BBb Besson tuba for sale (lacquer finish)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Hank74
3 valves
3 valves

BBb Besson tuba for sale (lacquer finish)

Post by Hank74 »

To everyone:

I am offering to the first person willing to make an offer, a used Besson BBb tuba in brass lacquer color that was made in the 70s.

The bell is 17" wide in diameter. The length from top to bottom is 39". There is a tuba rest in the shape of a ball on the bottom to make things easier to play. This is a top action horn with three valves.

Included in this package are the case and a mouthpiece which happens to fit nicely. Because I pride myself on honesty, I will tell you though the handle on the case needs work and it itself has tape wrapped around it. With the tuba itself, there is a second valve missing along with some denting on an inner tube and on the main tube just before it makes the turn to go out into the bell. I will try to get some pictures out to you should you wish to look at if for yourself.

I'm not an expert on tuba repairs. But from what I know, the main thing needed to make this play is the second valve. The frustrating thing is a new valve could be hard to find and somewhat costly. But if you find the right repair guy and with some luck, you might be able to do this for as little as $60. I know of a guy in Pennsylvania who could order the valve. As for the dents, you'll either have to be willing to put up with them, be willing to spend some money at a repair shop, or if you know a thing or two about soldering, do it yourself. Again, I'm being as honest as I can describing this tuba. Otherwise, this is a decent looking horn that can still be played.

For those who have been on these boards recently, this is the same tuba which I was asking assistance from you regarding the second valve. I found a new tuba though at a great price, but without the problems of a missing valve.

My offering price is $350. This covers the tuba, mouthpiece, and case. This also covers $25 for shipping expenses. But this of course depends on who is willing to purchase and where they are located.

The bottom line is if want a BBb tuba and are willing to deal with some dents, dings, and the normal wear and tear, this is the horn for you since the price is remarkably low. You'll have to do some research and have patience with the valve. But if you know the right people, it can happen.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll communicate with you. The best way is by either private messaging or e-mail.

Hank74
Hank74
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Hank74 »

I'm bringing up this post to inform everyone that I do have some pictures of this tuba which I will be glad to e-mail to you. That way you can make a better decision.

If you want pictures sent, either pm me or better yet send a note at demott@frontiernet.net. You would be getting these pictures immediately.

Hank74