Miraphone F and CC need new homes

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Salstrom
lurker
lurker

Miraphone F and CC need new homes

Post by Salstrom »

---CC TUBA SOLD---

---F NO LONGER AVAILABLE---

Hello! I own a Miraphone 188 CC 5V and a Mirafone "Premium" 6V F. I'm asking 5K for each. They both were recently professionally cleaned by Sweeny Brass in NC. They are in working order and served me well in my years, and even landed me my job now. They are not seeing much use so I thought they may like a new home.

They each have a soft case and I can throw in a mouthpiece if you need it. If you are close enough to me in NC that we can meet instead of shipping, I am willing to come down in price.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

feel free to email me at amcooper43@gmail.com

V/R

Austin M. Cooper
Last edited by Salstrom on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salstrom
lurker
lurker

Re: Miraphone F and CC need new homes

Post by Salstrom »

Here is an opinion from Alexander Lapins concerning this particular 188 for those interested:

See bottom post :
viewtopic.php?p=625267#p625267
tubadaddy92
bugler
bugler

Post by tubadaddy92 »

I just wanted to pop in and give my two cents on the F tuba that Austin is selling. I owned this horn before him for seven years. I has a classic rotary f tuba sound, and (in my opinion) a very nice low register! I never had any problems with the low range on this horn. It got me through undergrad, into grad school, I won Falcone on this tuba even. Anyone looking for a SOLID F tuba should seriously check this horn out!

Preston Light
Adjunct Professor, Tennessee Technological University

Eastman EBC836
MRP F
gtuba22
bugler
bugler

Post by gtuba22 »

F tuba still available? PM sent
Greg

MW 2165
MW 45slp
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Do you have any recordings with the F tuba? I am interested in the low register response and intonation.
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra