NABBA Town Hall Tonight, Jan 9

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
GC
5 valves
5 valves

NABBA Town Hall Tonight, Jan 9

Post by GC »

There will be a NABBA town hall open meeting for NABBA members on Sunday, January 9 at 8 PM EST. The link is on the Championships page on nabba.org, and also here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83867600712?p ... 8wSnVuZz09

I believe the Zoom client and a Zoom account are necessary for the meeting. There may be a browser-level way in, but I haven't checked it out.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Re: NABBA Town Hall Tonight, Jan 9

Post by GC »

Okay, it's done. It has been recorded and will be available later on the NABBA social media sites. Some takeaways:

the registration deadline for bands has been pushed back to February 1

the deadline to turn in original scores of the self-choice pieces is likewise Feb 1

players and conductors must have individual memberships, and those must be done through the NABBA website's membership section; please register soon, because band rosters will need to be turned in; ensemble competition rosters should be turned in with the application

fees for bands will be refunded if the event is canceled, but not if an individual band cancels

Brighouse & Rastrick has decided not to do a North American tour at this time; plans for a substitute band or whether to have a Gala Concert at all are under discussion

there are no plans to cancel the contest other than if the venue, state of Alabama, or local health authorities decide to cancel use of the venue

to receive scores and comments, directors must sign up for Competive Suite; information will be sent to registered directors
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone