Skumbaag/Vespus Marimba Band

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
kegmcnabb
3 valves
3 valves

Skumbaag/Vespus Marimba Band

Post by kegmcnabb »

A blantant plug for the two favorite musical ensembles that I work with. There will be tuba at both events, although in all fairness I must state that I have just returned to the instrument after a 10 year layoff.

The first is with America's only phantasmagoric heavy metal vaudeville troupe, The Skumbaag Show. Metallica style riffing meets the Bonzo Dog Band meet Monty Python meets world-beat, jazzbo stuff in a Zappaesque evening complete with skits, costumes, poetry, and now TUBA. Friday, July 30 9:30 PM at the Institute Saloon, HWY 57, Institute, WI. Check out pictures at www.sonicabsurdities.com

Second, The Vespus Marimba Band 5:30 PM, Saturday, July 31 at Stones Throw Winery, County Road E, Door County, WI. Traditional Mexican, Carribean, and Latin Marimba music with a little jazz and a bit of Skumbaag thrown in. Plenty of good wine and a roas pig as well.

As mentioned above I have only been playing again for a month after a 10 year layoff. Intonation is faulty, techique is weak and breath support is non-existant. But in true Skumbaag/Vespus tradition, we never let lack of skill get in the way of a good time. Come on and join us. Life is far too short for anything less than a good time. :D

Craig "Whoo-hoo I'm playing tuba again" McClelland
Craig@sonicabsurdities.com
www.sonicabsurdities.com
kegmcnabb
3 valves
3 valves

Be sure and say "Hi"

Post by kegmcnabb »

If you do manage to find your way to Door County be sure to come up and say "Hi!" :D

Craig McClelland
Craig@sonicabsurdities.com
www.sonicabsurdities.com
Marzan BBb Tuba
Kubicki Ex-Factor Bass