SC - Phil Driscoll Big Band Christmas Tour

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

SC - Phil Driscoll Big Band Christmas Tour

Post by MartyNeilan »

See bottom post - Greenville SC

The first stop on Phil Driscoll's "Heaven and Nature Swing" big band Christmas tour is this Thursday at the Metro Tabernacle off W. Shepherd Rd in Chattanooga, TN. Admission is FREEEE. Famed high note teacher Roy Roman will be sitting in the trumpet section of the 18 piece big band. I, who am not in his league, will be attempting to play bass trombone.

Concert starts at 7, but I think Phil is playing later (I hope so, as our big band is playing another gig earlier that night :cry: so we better make it on time)

Yeah, I know PD's style is not everyone's bag, but hey - he makes a full time living ministering with a brass instrument (albeit a trumpet), so some of you might want to check him out. The big band is not sounding half bad either, so it should be a fun holiday show.
If anyone out there is interested, I can post future tour dates as they approach.
http://www.mightyhorn.com/
Last edited by MartyNeilan on Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Last leg of the Phil Driscoll tour is in South Carolina.
We will be at the "Redemption World Outreach Center" at 74 Byrdland Drive, Greenville, SC 29607 at 10:00 this Sunday morning. Phil has never sounded better, even though I am a classical guy I am really impressed with how he plays these days, and the band is just kickin'

Yeah, Joe was right - this is the real world (aka Nashville world) and we do play along with a track for a lot of the show :x BUT everything Phil does is live and for real. FWIW, the track is mostly for background vocals and synth effects, there are no horns on it.