Aldo Forte Tuba Concerto on Radio 12/20/04

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

Aldo Forte Tuba Concerto on Radio 12/20/04

Post by Andy Rummel »

Hello all

I just wanted to let you know that our recording of Aldo Forte's new tuba concerto, Dance Rhapsody for Tuba and Band, will be played next week on WUOT, 91.9 FM in Knoxville, Tennesse. From what I can gather, it will be played at (approximately!) 3:42pm on Monday, December 20th, 2004. You can go to http://www.wuot.org and click the listen button to check out the piece. It is a good piece...all comments will be greatly appreciated. We recorded the concerto on our newest CD, Bandancing, and apparently it is getting a little airplay.

We are in the process of putting an MP3 of the piece on the bands' website for all to download...I will try to let everyone know when this gets accomplished. The CD's are unfortunately all gone, but hopefully you all will get a chance to hear it when it is posted online.

FYI...Aldo informed me that TUBA Press has agreed to publish the piece and it should be available for purchase soon.

FYI(2)...Aldo has a new piece for Euphonium Choir on the new TN Tech recording entitled Euphoniums Unmlimited. The piece, called Moser Cameos, is for euph choir and narrator and features the poetry of his friend Carolina Moser. It is truly a neat piece and the playing is superb. The euphs playing the low parts definitely have some cajones!!!

Thanks for listening, and I would love to hear what you think!!

Andy Rummel
USAF Heritage of America Band
http://www.af.mil/accband
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Andy Rummel »

Bump
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Hey guys, give Andy a listen. I remember hearing him play a few times and he is the real deal.
sean chisham
David Zerkel
pro musician
pro musician

Post by David Zerkel »

TubeNet wrote:Hey guys, give Andy a listen. I remember hearing him play a few times and he is the real deal.
Tru Dat!!