Tuba/Euphonium Recitals at Illinois State University

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

Tuba/Euphonium Recitals at Illinois State University

Post by Andy Rummel »

I thought that I would take a moment to plug two upcoming tuba/euphonium specific events occurring on the campus of Illinois State University in the coming weeks.

First, we are pleased to welcome euphonium and tuba guest artist extraordinaire, Dr. Ben Pierce, to our campus. Dr. Pierce will present a masterclass on Tuesday, October 7 from 3:00-3:50pm in Cook Hall 212 and the recital will follow at 7:30pm in Kemp Recital Hall. Both events are free and open to the public. It goes without saying that Ben is one of the best in our business...if you are in the area you don't want to miss this!

On Tuesday, October 14, I will be presenting my faculty recital at Illinois State. This recital will feature works by Roland Szentpali and serves as a hometown reprise of a recent doctoral lecture recital. I will be playing Variations on a Hungarian Children Song, three movements from Visions, 1st movement of the Concerto for Tuba, Allegro Fuoco and a movement from Pearls III. The recital will be at 8:00pm in Kemp Recital Hall and is free and open to the public.

We hope to see some local Tubenetters in the audience. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Andy Rummel
Timmm
bugler
bugler

Re: Tuba/Euphonium Recitals at Illinois State University

Post by Timmm »

Bump!