Brass Band US Open

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Brass Band US Open

Post by Dan Schultz »

The Bend in the River Brass Band in Newburgh, Indiana already does the NABBA Competition each year and is polling The Band about going to the US Open in St. Charles on November 7, 2015.

I'm not real keen on doing 'just another competition'. What sort of 'interesting' things might I discover if I sign up?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
MEWienand
bugler
bugler

Re: Brass Band US Open

Post by MEWienand »

Hello
I have been involved in the US Open since 2010.I have always had an excellent musical experience as well as seen some top class Ensembles from around the country. It is run extremely well and organized to the T. Music is at all levels as some groups are internationally competitive and some that are more of a pleasure class of playing. It makes for a very enlightening experience and the after parties are quite the fun times too so I hear. They have a banquet for all the competing bands that is a sell out every year, typical banquet food but you get a commemorative Pint glass with the event and competitors on it and most of them get used heavily. I hope this helps to see it isnt just another competition. It really is a fun setting and competitive atmosphere.
Thanks for Inquiring, if you want more info contact the US Open Brass Band site and talk to Clark Neirmeyer.
Hope this helps favorably, and I can meet you there next fall.
Mark Wienand
Mark Wienand
Willson 2900s Euphonium
Yamaha 87D Horn
Desert Winds Freedom Band
LGBA Brass