Mass tuba/ Euph concert, 9/19/15. Napa, CA

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
SmartFellerAl
lurker
lurker

Mass tuba/ Euph concert, 9/19/15. Napa, CA

Post by SmartFellerAl »

WE NEED PLAYERS!

Tubas At Large is a mass tuba/ euphonium concert to be held on September 19, 2015 in Downtown Napa CA. It is being organized by yours truly, Alan Parks, with the cooperation of the Napa Downtown Association. There will be a rehearsal in the morning and two approx 40 minute sets in the late afternoon. All this will take place during Downtown Napa's Oktoberfest celebration. (Yeah, I know it's in September) Proceeds will go to music education in Napa schools.

Here's some information. For more, go to https://sites.google.com/site/tubasatlarge

-There is a $15 registration fee per player which includes a PDF version of the book, a hard copy the day of the show and a button! Email me at TubasAtLarge@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank target="_blank"
- We have a limit of 75 players, so get in while you can!
- Most of the music is from Peter Opaskar, because, hey, free music! Besides, his arrangements are fun and not too difficult. I've got some others in there, too. They are all four part arrangements. See the website for a complete list.
-I have Euphonium one and two in treble and bass clefs, and tubas one and two in bass clef. Tuba one is probably easiest on an F or Eb tuba.
- You will need to bring yourself, a horn, a music stand and your chops.
-Eligible instruments:
Tuba
Sousaphone
Helicon
Cimbasso
Euphonium
Baritone Horn
Alto Horn
Wagner Tuba
Bombardon
Tenor Tuba
Ophicleide (I dare you!)
(Please no "marching" baritones or bass trumpets if you can help it.)

Like us on FaceBook! Please share, too. http://www.FaceBook.com/tubasatlarge

This is just the tip of the low brass iceberg. Definitely read through the website. All will become clear there.

I have no connection whatsoever with the Harvey Phillips Foundation.

-
SmartFellerAl
lurker
lurker

Re: Mass tuba/ Euph concert, 9/19/15. Napa, CA

Post by SmartFellerAl »

Bump
Miraphone BBb "Perinet"
Wessex Helicon
1910 Buescher Eb

Also a mess of basses.