True Brass Choir Broughton Concert Oct 4 Long Beach CA, 7 pm

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Jiffy18
lurker
lurker

True Brass Choir Broughton Concert Oct 4 Long Beach CA, 7 pm

Post by Jiffy18 »

tl:dr Concert with Heavy Brass Literature Including Bruce Broughton's Symhony for Brass Choir, "Fanfares, Marches, Hymn, Finale", Bruce Broughton himself has RSVP'd on our guest list. First Congregational Church of Long Beach, Sunday October 4th, 6:30 Pm Doors Open, 7:00 Pm Downbeat. Students tickets are $5, Seniors $10, General $15
Hi everyone, I hope it is okay to plug my group True Brass Choir here; I just could not resist to tell y'all about it. We are a brass group in Long Beach, California, and we have been together for a few years now. We have played at the Rafael Mendez Brass Institute in Denver Colorado, Debuted Symphonies, Performed for a record breaking audience (for the venue) at the Aquarium of the Pacific, and fostered musical outreach and education in the Long Beach area. Now we have been invited to play at the California All State Music Education Conference, or CASMEC for short. The concert I am plugging, which is at 7:00 pm at the First Congregational Church in Long Beach, California, is special in that we will be playing two of our planned pieces for our CASMEC performance, Anthony Plog's "Summit Fanfare" and Bruce Broughton's Symphony-esque work for brass choir, "Fanfare, March, Hymn, Finale". In a stroke of luck, Bruce Broughton (being an LA composer) got wind of our performance, and has rsvp'd to the show! For those of you who played his tuba concerto, this is a chance to be near the composer who got us through our juries and recitals.
The doors open at 6:30 pm, October 4th.
The address is 241 Cedar Ave. Long Beach, CA, 90802.
The Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for Seniors, $15 for General
Here's the Facebook Page for the Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/764864716956243/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I really do hope that if you live in the LA/OC area you'll consider joining us Sunday night!