World-premiere tuba concerto, workshop in Pittsburgh 3/16-18

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
Craig Knox
pro musician
pro musician

World-premiere tuba concerto, workshop in Pittsburgh 3/16-18

Post by Craig Knox »

Hello everyone,

On Friday March 16 and Sunday March 18, I'll be playing the world-premiere performances of a new tuba concerto by Grammy Award winning, Pulitzer Prize winning American composer Jennifer Higdon. These performances are with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra at Heinz Hall, under the baton of guest-conductor Robert Spano of the Atlanta Symphony. The second half of the concert includes Berlioz Symphony Fantastique, and I'm thrilled that Dennis Nulte of the Detroit Symphony and Carson McTeer, Professor at West Virginia University will be here to play that piece. There will be plenty of tuba playing on this program!

On Saturday March 17, I'm hosting a tuba workshop at Carnegie Mellon University. I'll be joined by Dennis Nulte (Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Oberlin Conservatory) and Lance LaDuke (Euphonium Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, formerly of Boston Brass), and we'll each present a master class. Students and players of all ages and levels are encouraged to attend and participate. The event is free, open to the public, and no registration is required.

More details below. Hope to see you in Pittsburgh during the weekend of March 16-18.

Higdon Tuba Concerto with Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra: https://pittsburghsymphony.org/producti ... antastique

Carnegie Mellon University Tuba Workshop:
Event takes place on Saturday March 17 from 12:30pm – 5:00pm in Kresge Theater and Alumni Concert Hall, on the first floor of the College of Fine Arts building on the Carnegie Mellon University campus in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Nearest street parking is on Frew Street, Tech Street, and Schenley Drive. Parking garage is located on Forbes Avenue. Everyone welcome, free, no registration required. For questions: email cmutubaday2018@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Craig Knox
Principal Tuba, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Center City Brass Quintet
Artist Lecturer, Carnegie Mellon University
Faculty, Curtis Institute of Music