NERTEC Cancelled

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

NERTEC Cancelled

Post by bisontuba »

From Dave’s site...FYI... ( P.S. Not the only thing cancelled....on the other coast... https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... oronavirus" target="_blank)

Hello NERTEC Attendees & Enthusiasts,

I'm not able to fully articulate my disappointment in this moment, but the Ithaca College Campus Emergency Response Team has decided that all large events (including NERTEC 2020) must be canceled in order to protect our students and campus community in response to the evolving nature of the coronavirus in New York.

You will find the details of Ithaca College's official announcement below:
NERTEC 2020 Canceled
We understand that the public has concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its potential impact on the Ithaca College community. College officials are actively monitoring the global outbreak, as the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors is our number-one priority.

With the coronavirus situation rapidly evolving, it is out of an abundance of caution that the college is cancelling the Northeast Regional Tuba / Euphonium Conference, which was scheduled to take place on campus March 13 to 15. We regret that the dynamic, unpredictable nature of this outbreak, and its potential impacts on travel for participants and attendees alike, makes it necessary and prudent to cancel this event.

For further information about NERTEC 2020, please contact conference host David Earll.

It is important to note that there have been no reports of any members of the campus or local communities contracting coronavirus disease. The college is open, with all classes on campus operating on a normal schedule at this time.

Ithaca College will continue to monitor this fluid situation and periodically communicate with our students and their families, faculty, staff, and visitors on this evolving issue. The college is providing important information and updates about coronavirus on a dedicated website designed to be helpful in making informed decisions about travel and health, especially as this situation changes.

I will be spending the next several days in communication with ITEA in order to plan our next course(s) of action.

I realize that this presents a series of challenges in regards to travel plans - I am so sorry for the inconvenience that this will cause you. I hope that this cancellation notice will help to serve as an official means through which to negotiate any cancellations/adjustments to your travel plans.

Thank You All and Be Well,
~Dr. David Earll
Assistant Professor of Tuba/Euphonium - Ithaca College
NERTEC 2020 Conference Host
https://www.ithaca.edu/nertec-2020-canc ... s-outbreak" target="_blank
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: NERTEC Cancelled

Post by Three Valves »

“I'm not able to fully articulate my disappointment in this moment...”

I bet!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

bloke wrote:
Three Valves wrote:“I'm not able to fully articulate my disappointment in this moment...”
Try placing the tip of the tongue behind the upper teeth, and - rather than striking the teeth with the tongue - release the tongue from the teeth.

:oops: :roll:
Oh yes, our resident medical expert, Dr Jethro bloke Bodine, attempting humor.... 8)
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Attempting??

Some of us must have some kinda natural immunity...

:lol:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.