Euphonium solo performance w/ orchestra

performances, conferences, auditions, etc
JasonEuphonium
bugler
bugler

Euphonium solo performance w/ orchestra

Post by JasonEuphonium »

Hello everyone,

I'd like to do some shameless promotion here and spread the word about an upcoming performance I have with the Frost Symphony Orchestra here at the University of Miami. I've been selected as one of a handful of winners for the annual concerto contest, and have been given the very valuable opportunity of soloing with an orchestra.

I'll be performing Johann Wilhelm Hertel's (1727-1789) Bassoon Concerto in A Minor, which is a fairly obscure and not-often-performed work, even for the instrument that it's written for! I don't believe anyone has performed this on euphonium before, but it's an excellent piece that I think lies very well on the instrument.

The concert is Monday, March 8th at 7:30 PM EST. The program is incredibly varied, and features pieces by Bach, Beethoven, and Melinda Wagner, among others. The show also begins with a contemporary multi-media percussion concerto accompanied by a film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cQgOV ... e=youtu.be

The concert will remain archived and will be accessible afterwards with the same link, at least for some period of time. I hope some of you are able to tune in!