If it was something I said, I'm sorry.

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

If it was something I said, I'm sorry.

Post by alfredr »

A thread in Off-topic seems to have disappeared. Did it get too political? Was it something I said? I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking about that possibility.

Is there some way that participants in a thread are notified when one is pulled, and why, so they don't just wonder what ever happened?

Again, it wasn't intentional on my part.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: If it was something I said, I'm sorry.

Post by The Big Ben »

The mod, Schelleperello, AKA Schleppy, has ultimate discretion as to what stays and goes. He's a pretty moderate moderator but will pull threads when he feels it is necessary. He does not have to explain. The thread you speak of (in which I participated in a semi-neutral way) was getting a little too political for what the owner of the forum, Sean Chisham, wants here. I'd like it if Sean participated more but he's providing the forum so that will just have to be good enough.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

That's what I figured happened, but I didn't think the thread was getting that political. Obviously he has the right to see it differently and act as he sees fit. I just wonder if I took it too political and what I shouldn't have said. Not arguing, just curious.

Thanks.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

I guess one question you could ask yourself to give some guidance of what you choose to post and what topics you wish to respond to would be:

"How does what I say directly or indirectly contribute to the discussion of music and, in particular, tubas and other low brass instruments including sousaphones, baritones and euphoniums?"

That particular thread called attention to the actions of one sousaphone player in particular in response to a parade by members of a minority political party who displayed a flag from a period of history which is very contentious in American society and culture. The thread drifted from comments on the actions of the sousaphone player to the veracity of the different points of view held on the topic by different Americans. My first comment was something on the order of, "This is pretty funny but it's getting a little political for the forum. But it still is funny." The thread eventually became way too political for the forum and the moderator pulled it.
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

Thanks, Ben. I think I understand now.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

NOW you guys have done it! You've gotten political AGAIN! I'm feeling very offended, too.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.