suggestion for success

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Stefan
bugler
bugler

suggestion for success

Post by Stefan »

I have already posted this at the original forum, but I will do it again here for completeness.

I suggest that only a member's real name be used (or at least a name that is real). I think it will cut down on the things you have in the agreement for this forum - less silliness and abusive behavior. I belong to several forums that strongly enforce this rule and they are by far the most respectful forums. Even when strong differences of opinion come up, the tone is never mean spirited.

And, if you really want to avoid problems, I suggest a strong policy on only using real photos of yourself if you choose to use an avitar. Certainly appropriate pictures can be chosen for avitars, but if you insist on olny photos of the real person, I think problems will be further eliminated.

I guess enforcing these rules would take some work, but I think in the long run, you would be doing less negative moderating.

Good luck - and I am sure this will work out for us either way.

Stefan
Adam C.
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Adam C. »

While I agree that using only real-life names and pictures would cut down on the BS, it would drive away many, many people (including me).

Requiring simple registration to post is a good medium.

edit: Not that I have anything to hide, it's the principle of the thing :)
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

I am not going to require real names. I have always wanted TubeNet to be easy to use. As long as someone is not trolling then I have no problems. The names thing is not enforceable easily on the Internet.

Thanks for the idea though.
sean chisham