Tubenet Mobile?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Tubenet Mobile?

Post by Tubadork »

Hey,
I know that many websites have mobile versions so they can be viewed better on your phone. Didn't know if it was easy or not, but it would be fun checking the boob from my blackberry (which is possible it just moves kinda slow and the layout is a little funky.)
Bill
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Tubenet Mobile?

Post by MartyNeilan »

I use my PlayStation Portable (latest 3001 model PSP) to check TubeNet on a regular basis. I don't have any problem with it, outside of weird formatting every once in a while. I just don't usually type posts with it, as using the cursor to enter letters take too long for my verbose style. An add-on keyboard would make the PSP 2001/3001 the ultimate pocket computer, too bad they won't have one out until 2009.
I actually use the PSP for quite a few things, including checking my work email regularly, making Skype phone calls, and as an 8Gb MP3 (and WMA and MP4 video) player. Believe it or not, I will often go days without playing a single game.
Unfortunately, I have not found an available sound recorder without having to hack the system, and the built-in mic is not very sensitive and seems only adequate for voice when near the mouth.
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

Tubenet looks good on the iPod touch. I'm using it right now.
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

ztuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ztuba »

tubanet app for iphone?
Kalison K2001
Norwegian Star
JinBoa F Cimbasso
Giddings and Webster 4 life
timdicarlo
bugler
bugler

Post by timdicarlo »

I know you can configure Facebook to send a text message to your cell phone when you get notifications... maybe something like that, for private messages and such? Dunno how feasible that would be, but if you're selling something in the For Sale section, it could be pretty handy.
ztuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by ztuba »

iPhone already gets my email all the time asap... so I already get that stuff... I was thinking a shell app that had the different topics and stuff ... like the ebay app, myspace app and facebook app combined into warm fuzzy tuba goodness
Kalison K2001
Norwegian Star
JinBoa F Cimbasso
Giddings and Webster 4 life
timdicarlo
bugler
bugler

Post by timdicarlo »

...combined into warm fuzzy tuba goodness.
Nothing quite like a fuzzy tuba to get me excited about an upgrade... although if your tuba is moldy enough to be described as "fuzzy," it may be time to get a new one.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that would just let you know your post had been replied to, or something like that. Developing an iPhone app for TubeNet would definitely appeal to my nerd senses, but seeing as I don't own an iPhone (burns with envy), I'd be content with text alerts.

...for now. (visions of sugar plums... and iPhones... dancing)
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubaing »

When I see this thread I keep thinking of a vehicle.

To the Tubenet Mobile! :arrow:

:roll: sorry
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

the elephant wrote:GIANT BUMP!

I have an iPhone now and for some reason TubeNet looks and works differently than it did at the Apple Store back in December.
It's not the application that would make a difference. Look at the difference between a site like CNN and then look at CNN Mobile. It's the formatting.

That said, I don't seem to have trouble reading TubeNet occasionally with my iPhone. I just use the zoom in and out and the scrolling features and I seem to be able to navigate just fine. Posting is another thing. I tried it once and, with the iPhone 'screenboard', it was painful.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

Post by willbrett »

The Elephant wrote:Maybe a version that is designed to fit such a small screen without ads, but for a monthly subscription fee would work. I would be willing to pay a fee to get rid of all the damned adverts.

I, too, would happily pay a few dollars for an iPhone friendly Tubenet.
Stefan
bugler
bugler

Post by Stefan »

A forum I use just enabled the site for the app "tapatalk". It makes reading the forum so much easier on an itouch. It's free to enable the plugin on the forum and my guess is that it is easy to do. Please look into that when you get a chance.

Stefan
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Reading TubeNet via iPhone is pretty easy. Posting via iPhone is a whole nuther thang. I'm not a texting kind of guy so I don't know but texting via iPhone must be pretty annoying, too.

I've never seen an interface for use while mobile for a forum like TN. Stephan says there it's possible on a board he uses. Would be interesting to try it. Don't know if the owner would be up to it. He's busy enough with the current format.

I usually read and, if I must post, I think about it until I get to a real keyboard. The feeling usually goes away...
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Reading TubeNet via iPhone is pretty easy. Posting via iPhone is a whole nuther thang. I'm not a texting kind of guy so I don't know but texting via iPhone must be pretty annoying, too.

I've never seen an interface for use while mobile for a forum like TN. Stefan says there it's possible on a board he uses. Would be interesting to try it. Don't know if the owner would be up to it. He's busy enough with the current format.

I usually read and, if I must post, I think about it until I get to a real keyboard. The feeling usually goes away...
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Last edited by bisontuba on Sun May 29, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

I downloaded Opera Mini onto my Boost Sanyo Mirro and it works well enough for me, but after a while I couldn't post anymore. I'd enter the text and then it would wipe clean right when I went from the text box to submit it. Also, I can't seem to use T9 on Opera Mini. Oh well, most people on here would probably be happier reading less of my ramblings... :lol:
rodgeman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by rodgeman »

I would love an android app.
Nicholas
bugler
bugler

Post by Nicholas »

I'll look into android app development tomorrow.

Someone should make a list of what is wanted in said app.
Nick
High school student
Western PA
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

I was actually going to compliment Sean on the simplicity of the site layout as is; on my android it lends itself very well to mobile use. This reply is being done with the swype keyboard and is pretty quick. Only a fair amount of "zooming" is needed for me. I don't know that I get enough PM's or anything to need a separate app. Kudos for a great site, mobile or not!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
TubaTodd
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TubaTodd »

I installed the free app forums pro on my iPhone. The app has only 2 stars but it works great with tubenet. This post was made on my iPhone using the app.
Todd Morgan
Conn 52J - Sidey SSH Classic - MF3H
Schedonnardus
bugler
bugler

Post by Schedonnardus »

a texas A&M message board i frequent built a mobile site within the past year. I'm not sure how much work went into it, but it is very minimalist in nature.

here is their forum page for normal browsers: http://v4.texags.com/Forums

and here is their mobile forum page: http://mobile.texags.com/Forums

I am assuming that since all the posts are contained within databases, it just a matter of making a bare bones site that loads fast on phones. How much time and programming that requires, i have no idea.