"Clipart"

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Re: "Clipart"

Post by windshieldbug »

How about ThouTuba?

SecondPersonSingularTube?
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Thomas Maurice Booth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Thomas Maurice Booth »

YouPhonium?

TMB
I post because you're unable to Google.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Thomas Maurice Booth wrote:YouPhonium?
:D :D :D

CliWhole?

The ClipHole?
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

Before making the same suggestion Bloke started this with I searched to see if it had come up before, and lo, here it is.

So "bump."

It seems to me that there are some very interesting things in the Clipart forum that are not clip art. Whether you're looking for clip art or for, say, a video of a master class, either way you're likely to think the signal to noise ratio is low, because whatever you're looking for is buried in a bunch of other things.

The topics, "Easter Hymn done extremely well," "Patric Sheridan's master class," and "Roger Bobo interview with Sarah Willis" are very different from the topics, "sousa vs. steamroller," "Site with Tuba-pics," and "Humorous Beer Ads."

All those topics are of value when they're what you're looking for. (That none of them is clip art is beside the point I'm wanting to make.) I agree that it would be useful to recognize the huge difference.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

That would be a more accurately descriptive title for what the forum has become. I was hoping for something more than a name change, though that would not be nothing, certainly.

I think it would be best to have separate boxes for media that is mainly for amusement, and media that is mainly for learning. To me that is the main point.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

talleyrand wrote:I think it would be best to have separate boxes for media that is mainly for amusement, and media that is mainly for learning. To me that is the main point.
Learning?
On TubeNet???
:mrgreen: :tuba:
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

bloke wrote:' time for some new beer girls. :|

Look at the upper right corner of this pic (yes, I know how difficult that is for some)- doesn't it say "Marjorie de SOUSA"?

So we're at least partly "on topic".......................
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop