User name

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Re: User name

Post by FarahShazam »

:D --fmc
--farah chisham
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Gongadin »

Can I change mine to Gongadin? That would be in keeping with my username on other forums.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I think if people change their usernames, they should be forced to display their old username in their signature for some length of time (6 months? a year?) Otherwise, it's a little confusing.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Gongadin »

bort wrote:I think if people change their usernames, they should be forced to display their old username in their signature for some length of time (6 months? a year?) Otherwise, it's a little confusing.
Do you mean to tell me that your old username was Willson 3050-RZ??
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Argh, I sure walked into that one! :P
Uncle Buck
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Uncle Buck »

bloke wrote:
bort wrote:I think if people change their usernames, they should be forced to display their old username in their signature for some length of time (6 months? a year?) Otherwise, it's a little confusing.
Check him out... :roll:
...' thinks of himself as "conservative", yet it is HE who jumps right on the fascist bandwagon and wants BIG WEBMASTER to FORCE people to do stuff. :|
Yeah, well what do you expect from somebody who doesn't like satin silver tubas OR Chicago stuffed crust pizza??? :D
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

...don't forget about recording bells! :oops:

Point is, if everyone up and changed their names at the same time, then it would be very confusing to try and understand who you are actually talking to. That's why in the real world, it's hard for people to actually change their names. Although, I guess you're not required to tell anyone about that.

Anyway... this is clearly all very important. Besides, I'd hate for you all to be confused when I change my screenname from bort to bort9000, and then change my real name from Brett to bort. :P
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I can't wait until I get a new tuba.

I may have to change to "Only Uses Three Valves!!"
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
LarryPrestonRoberson
lurker
lurker

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

So, it appears that it is possible to change my username. Who do I contact to do so? I would like to do this so I can have the same username on various music-related forums. Thanks in advance for any information.
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

bloke wrote:Someone called me a "stupid butt".
Even though it is true, are they allowed to do that ?
Does that mean that it will become my user name ?
We actually have word filters so I can make "Stupid butt" = Bloke (or vice versa). I've already programmed a certain couple of words to be replaced by others. I'd type them out, but, you wouldn't be able to read them.

Seriously, if you know of any words you think really should be filtered out, let one of us know.
--farah chisham