Problems with attaching photos to postings

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Problems with attaching photos to postings

Post by imperialbari »

As it may be known I actually DO know how to attach photos, as I have done so very often.

From this thread you will know that I found an illustration of a suggestion made, but not illustrated, in previous discussions. And I had to make a work-around to present that photo

viewtopic.php?p=392646#p392646

I might have been my personal quota that had been reached, but I have reasons to believe it is a general problem.

I cannot offer any solutions, only say that I would be sad if the option of adding photos is no longer available.

Klaus
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: Problems with attaching photos to postings

Post by Wyvern »

Klaus, I have just tried and got the same message, so guess it is a system problem, rather than specific to you.

Over to Sean...
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Schleppie! How did you do that? I just got the same message. It says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Yeah. But... you posted that picture on July 16th.

I don't think the upload function is working today.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

If the photo is being hosted elsewhere then there is no space used on the TubeNet servers. I have always posted pictures that way when I want to avoid the limitation of only three per post. Just can be a bit fiddly linking the URL's.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Neptune wrote:If the photo is being hosted elsewhere then there is no space used on the TubeNet servers. I have always posted pictures that way when I want to avoid the limitation of only three per post. Just can be a bit fiddly linking the URL's.
In this particular case... the problem does not seem to be the limit of three per post. I can get along with that. What appears to be currently happening is that the space allowed by the forum itself is limited and perhaps the cache needs to be cleared out to make room for current stuff. The pictures I normally post directly to TubeNet are only about 80kb in size.... well under the allowed 256kb per image.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Well... it took a while for me to figure it out. After all.... I AM just a dumb old tuba player! There is also a limit for total uploads. Once I cleared the old uploads in my 'user control panel'... I can once again post pictures. Yaaaay! :tuba:
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"