Suggestions to improve this board

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Suggestions to improve this board

Post by PMeuph »

I posted in a thread that has now been deleted several suggestions that would help improve this board. It seems that several people are having problems with the adsense/adwords ad on the side by google. I think these ads could be eliminated from this forum altogether and that the revenue could be increased through other sources or the expenditures could be reduced through several simple solutions.

1. Look for better priced webhosting, or free webhosting. (I am sure there is a university that wouldn't mind hosting this board, although that might cut all sponsors out of the picture since universities don't tolerate sites for others commercial interests)

2.Stop allowing users to upload images on the board and have all of them use external site (Photobucket, tinypick, imageshack, et al.)This would cut down the on the bandwidth usage and a cheaper hosting plan could be used.

3. Look at other ventures to produce revenue like Amazon associates, Sheetmusicplus affiliates or WWBW affiliates.

4.Invite more sponsors....Or raise sponsor dues.... (My other suggestions are better)

5. Ask for donations. (Ditto)

Honestly, I think my second solution is the easiest. Bandwidth is the most expensive thing in running a website (as phpbb is freeware and domain names are usually around $15 a year) Reloading the same page (with 4 pictures) 1000 time might use up several Gbs of bandwidth. Reducing it would mean the board could run on a sleeker hosting plan.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb