Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: Buyer/seller feedback forum

Post by Dan Schultz »

DP wrote:Many hobby website forums have a feedback subforum
for accolades and trash talk, perhaps its time tubenet had one too?
I can think of a couple of current threads in the 'regular' TubeNet subforum that belong in such a place. I'm gettin' a little tired of seeing the area that should be confined to real music/tuba issues being cluttered up with trash talk.

However.... if Sean invited 'trash talk' to the forum... I'm just afraid it would be out of control very quickly and probably be locked most of the time.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Post by sousaphone68 »

DP wrote:
TubaTinker wrote:I'm gettin' a little tired of seeing the area that should be confined to real music/tuba issues being cluttered up with trash talk.
exactly,
However.... if Sean invited 'trash talk' to the forum... I'm just afraid it would be out of control very quickly
isn't it already? legit posts notwithstanding, most posts from most people in the existing "complaint" posts have no experience with, gripe with, or even remote familiarity with the complement/subject/complaint at hand. They're casual lookie-loos messing around in the local sandbox, and (lets be honest) just comment because they can. And that kind of useless distracting noise could easily be limited to a buyer/seller feedback subforum ("non-music") and gleefully played in by those who feel entitled to such discourse. And those of us who, like Dan, are tired of it, can avoid the smelly cat box.
Additionally it'd be far less tempting to take a peek at some blocked person's banter if it were in such a forum. win-win!
It's not just trash talk that is annoying how about looky loos with no involvement in the sorry mess that has left fellow members without their tubas that are trying to taint other suppliers who are meeting their orders and are also helping to resolve the current problem.
Cant carry a tune but I can carry a tuba.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Post by sousaphone68 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_VNh2jZ ... ata_player" target="_blank

Saturday Night Live did it better
Cant carry a tune but I can carry a tuba.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

I suspect Sean hasn't visited this forum in months, possibly more than a year.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.