Email/notification feature does not work

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Email/notification feature does not work

Post by sugawi »

I used to received email notifications of new pm, etc. For some time it has not been working. I'm using the same email as before. Even when I send email to a member from here and check button to receive copy to my email - I receive nothing. I have hotmail. Any ideas what's happening?
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Email/notification feature does not work

Post by sugawi »

Have been checking that also, nothing from here.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

I'm able to email to members from here, that's a good news. Tried to email myself and did not receive it. Still no notifications, all subscriptions and notifications turned on.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Hotmail goes on a 'snit' once in a while and blocks emails from servers they think are spammers. I have an email list of about 130 band members and all of the Hotmail addresses are returned once in a while.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

Email from this site was already added in safe list and hotmail still blocked all emails. Just changed my email address and all notifications resumed. Thank-you for your help and advice.
kathi
lurker
lurker

Post by kathi »

I can see how you would be worried when seemingly nothing is being replied to. Until they are read they stay in the Out box. When they are clicked up by the recipient it will move to the Sent box. But if they are not actually arriving via the BBS messaging system then you have a problem.