complaint

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
mbeastep
pro musician
pro musician

complaint

Post by mbeastep »

Please advise me on the proper course of action. I agreed to purchase a mouthpiece from another member of this forum. Having sent payment, I have not received the mouthpiece after many months and the member no longer answers my pms. Can you help resolve this matter? Thank you.

Michael Eastep
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: complaint

Post by Dan Schultz »

There are some things that could have happened that are beyond the control of the seller. Is this someone who is well-known to The Board?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Post by sousaphone68 »

If the member is still posting items in the for sale section I would advise the moderator of his failure to complete your sale and would give some thought to asking him publicly where your mouthpiece is.
If you paid via PayPal or a credit card then contact your credit card company and see if you can claim the money back.
Open a dispute with PayPal if applicable.
Google is also a wonderful research tool depending on how much you know about the seller you may be able to get a real world email address for him to ask where your mouthpiece is.
I hope this little bit of pressure may prompt him to at least communicate with you.
Cant carry a tune but I can carry a tuba.
sousaphone68
4 valves
4 valves

Post by sousaphone68 »

Grooving for Heaven wrote:If it's been as long as he said, PayPal won't do a darn thing... Too late

It's time to name names, if for no other reason so the rest of us will avoid the seller
I would still complain to all involved (visa, paypal moderator) even if no resolution or refund comes out of it at least they will have a record for the next complaint.

If you have his email address send a paypal request for funds to his account.
bill
3 valves
3 valves

Post by bill »

I had this problem and Schlep helped me find and name the kid (who had done it before). I tracked the kid down to work and contacted them and they said he no longer worked for them so I posted directly to the kid. He said he never received my check and, when I showed him a copy of the cancelled check with his signature, he said the MP must have been lost in the mail. I called the police in his town and filed a report with robbery and I also filed with the Postal inspectors. Nothing came of any of this but the seller has never posted or sold anything again in here. Eventually, another poster came through with the mouthpiece I wanted because he had an extra one and I let go of the case.
Always make a good sound; audiences will forget if you miss a note but making a good sound will get you the next job.