For sale disclaimer

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
burningchrome
bugler
bugler

For sale disclaimer

Post by burningchrome »

Problem: I get the feeling people think they can sell their tuba in matter of days when in fact it usually takes a few months if not longer. Especially $10k Hirsbrunners. I see people list their horns and then drop the price two weeks later, and it still doesn't sell.
Suggestion: either when posting to For Sale a disclaimer or piece of advice pops up, or put a sticky at the top advising such.
Rob Goeke
--
Trained to kill and play the tuba.
reeta
lurker
lurker

Re: For sale disclaimer

Post by reeta »

Save the image to your desktop. Upload it to a photo hosting site like PhotoBucket. Link to it in your posts as if it were a normal image. If the site allows animated .gif files it will work just fine. :cry:
Pass your ccna voice on first attempt using security+ and other resources. We offer ccie sp - pass4-sure
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

What curmudgeon and bloke said. No disclaimers necessary. Full disclosure up front is imperative. I priced my sousaphone a little above the market so I had room to negotiate, negotiated, and it was sold twelve hours after I posted it.

1) Do research on similar items, new and used. Just because a person paid $xxxx for an instrument in the past does not mean that is what it will sell for today. It could be higher or lower, depending on the market, the economy, and what is "in vogue."

2) If you are selling a player, make sure your tech goes through the horn completely so it will play. If you're selling a fixer, make sure all the parts as practically as possible are there.

3) Pictures, pictures, pictures. When in doubt, post another picture.

4) This should not be an issue, but answer all questions promptly, accurately, or if you simply don't know, say so. Don't speculate. You will eat those words later in the worst way.

5) Shipping is an expense. Just like in any business. Factor it in, whether or not the final terms include shipping or not. Then get it shipped. Don't sit on it for more than a day unless the seller notifies the buyer up front to the effect of, "Because of [x], I will ship on [y] date. Then do it, and send the tracking number to the buyer.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

And since people don't read dates of posts...

When an item sells, reply to your own post to say that it has sold. Otherwise someone 8 years from now might ask you if you still have it. :roll:
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

the elephant wrote:It is better to edit your original post's title to include the word SOLD so that people know before wasting time clicking on the ad.
+1
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

KiltieTuba wrote:
the elephant wrote:It is better to edit your original post's title to include the word SOLD so that people know before wasting time clicking on the ad.
Just ask Schlepply to delete the thread, that way we save on both time and space...
I also think that the threads should be retained to get an idea of a reasonable asking price.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.