Forum full

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Forum full

Post by Tubaryan12 »

I attempted to upload a picture today and was informed the picture limit has been met. Has anyone else seen this?
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Forum full

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Not sure what you mean. I went into my profile and saw no way to delete attachments
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Thank you!
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, mostly. Also Greater Seattle at times.

Post by David Richoux »

I just ran into the same thing - maybe the error message could be reworded? It is not clear from the text if it is a site problem or individual user. I have been going through nine pages of my uploads trying to figure out which ones can be deleted, but it is difficult!

Maybe something like: You have reached your maximum upload limit - please delete old images by using your User Control Panel.

Or maybe we could get a bigger overall site limit? Storage is pretty cheap these days.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out and for others to explain what was going on. I've been on this forum for over fifteen years and I was not aware that all of the images I posted were 'saved'.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, mostly. Also Greater Seattle at times.

Post by David Richoux »

That tinypic trick will only work as long as that website supports the files - like many other web image hosting sites they will eventually run out of room and start charging for the service, or they will just disappear - taking all the files with it!
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

schlepporello wrote:
TubaTinker wrote:Thanks to the OP for pointing this out and for others to explain what was going on. I've been on this forum for over fifteen years and I was not aware that all of the images I posted were 'saved'.
That's not an issue if you use the method I posted above.
It's not an issue at all for me. After all... I have those images already on my computer. They had to originally have come from somewhere. I just didn't realize that TubeNet saves all of those files.

The Internet is obviously chock-full of redundant files but it's nice to know where some of them are in case I lose mine!
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

This place is full of something, all right... :P
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

bloke wrote:For fighting the fallacy of full forum forays, find friendly fellows for fixing fubars.
Facinating fecundity from fellow fixers furthering formula fixes for fiendish fallacious fubars for fraught fellow forumites.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Well, that explains why some older posts' attachments have been disappeared. Any way to fix this- maybe we could scrounge up some anti-Kryptonite for Schleppy?
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop