account recovery

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
txba
bugler
bugler

account recovery

Post by txba »

Hello All!

I was recently locked out of my account here on tubenet :oops: . This happened when I tried to update my email for my account. My old Username and Password are not working, and when I do the "forgot PW" and enter my username and email I never get an email.

Thanks to anyone who can help! I'm sure the solution is very obvious, but technology and I don't get along sometimes!
Ben
4 valves
4 valves

Re: account recovery

Post by Ben »

this happened to me years ago. i eventually just settled on starting a new account.
Ben Vokits
NYC/Philly area Freelancer
Nautilus Brass Quintet
Alex 164C, 163C, 155F; HB1P
dwerden
pro musician
pro musician

Post by dwerden »

If the system allows you to send a reset email (or reminder email) and you don't get it, the odds are extremely high that the mail got stuck in your spam filter. Some email systems have a dual spam filter. The ISP itself my capture suspicious or unknown emails, or your own client could do so.

Otherwise, does your email require some kind of response to be accepted? I know Earthlink did (or still does) that. If I emailed an Earthlink account and was not in their address book already, I would get a temporary email asking me to do something to confirm I'm "real."
Dave Werden (ASCAP)
www.dwerden.com
Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
Instructor of Euphonium and Tuba
YouTube, Twitter, Facebook
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Post by chronolith »

Failing that, the admin of the system (PHPBB3 looks like) should just be able to unlock you and assign you a temporary password.
dwerden
pro musician
pro musician

Post by dwerden »

To my above point, I did not see the response by chronolith until this morning because the notification email from the board went into my ISP's spam filter! So it was not in my mail client's junk-mail folder; this was at the ISP level and never got to my client. I had to go into THEIR quarantine and release the message.

FWIW, if this is what happened to you then you may be missing other emails as well. :cry:
Dave Werden (ASCAP)
www.dwerden.com
Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
Instructor of Euphonium and Tuba
YouTube, Twitter, Facebook
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

Dave Werden, I think you have probably told me what goes on with me not getting emails from several people,(daughter, son, other son and others) most of them with gmail accounts. But I have no idea what you are saying about retrieving them or changing something so they get through. They mostly don't try to communicate with email anymore. One son thinks I should switch to something other than bellsouth for my email, but I don't want to put too many of my eggs into google's basket. Nor do I want to change my address.

Thanks, Alfredr
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

I use Bellsouth as one of my email clients. When I find I'm missing some emails I access my Bellsouth acct via web access -- not outlook etc, but by using my browser. If I find some important emails in my spam folder, I click on it and then click "This is not spam". That way you should start getting emails from that person or business.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)