Ads

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
butch
bugler
bugler

Ads

Post by butch »

This week I showed TubeNet to my students (15y) as an example of an other way to do research on the internet. I mean using the knowledge of experts in forums, where you get information you wont find with Google.
While seeing TubeNet an hearing my explanations, they where amused about the russian women you can meet while beeing on TubeNet. I wasn't. :oops:
Before showing TubeNet to my next class, I reloaded until other ads showed up. :D
I'm not complaining! It's just a story I wanted to share. I know that TubeNet needs the money it makes with the ads.

Regards Butch
Besson "New Standard" 3v comp BBb Tuba, 1974
H.N. White Cleveland 629 Sousaphone, 1965–1970?
Jupiter 596 Sousaphone, 2002
King 1165 Baritone, 1969
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: Ads

Post by Michael Bush »

https://getadblock.com/

As I've said before, I would be glad to pay for a premium board without ads (as I have been doing for twelve or fifteen years at http://www.kysportsreport.com) where we wouldn't have to go again and again over the same territory about Chinese v. German tubas and silver v. lacquer and 186 v. everything else and could you post a video, et cetera. And no russian or muslim or whatever dating sites in the sidebar.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

nworbekim wrote:adblockerplus (ad blocker plus) can be your friend. i rarely see any popups or ads of any kind... unless i turn it off.

[edited to add] i didn't read all the posts... i see it has already been suggested. i'll add my vote. i think adblockerplus is a newer version.
Got it and I never see ads! Glory hallelujah! :D
Bearin' up!
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

I use the ad blocker, too. There are other funding models besides the advertising payment thing but, even though it has been brought up, there has been no discussion. IT's the owner's call so ad blocker it is.
butch
bugler
bugler

Post by butch »

bloke wrote:Check out this risqué picture that appears occasionally on this site:
sleazenet.jpg
You won this point! :oops:
King 1165 Baritone, 1969
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

As it's been pointed out before, you see ads geared to your surfing habits. On my PC I see no ads because of Ad Blocker. On my iPad I see watches for sale because I collect watches.

Example:
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

I get it - you are upset that while visiting TubeNet your students can only meet Russian women. As an educator you want your students to understand that diversity is positive. To that end, you want TubeNet to provide your students the oppourtunity to meet Ukranian, French, Italian, Swedish and various other women of the world as well as the Russians. :lol:
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

bloke wrote:
tofu wrote:I get it - you are upset that while visiting TubeNet your students can only meet Russian women. As an educator you want your students to understand that diversity is positive. To that end, you want TubeNet to provide your students the oppourtunity to meet Ukranian, French, Italian, Swedish and various other women of the world as well as the Russians. :lol:
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com offers more diversity...
:lol: It certainly does!

These two posts made my day... :D
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
oldbandnerd
5 valves
5 valves

Post by oldbandnerd »

I just installed the getadblock.com app on my iPad . Wow! Not only do I not see ads but my iPad speed has increased dramatically.
butch
bugler
bugler

Post by butch »

Tubajug wrote:
bloke wrote:
tofu wrote:I get it - you are upset that while visiting TubeNet your students can only meet Russian women. As an educator you want your students to understand that diversity is positive. To that end, you want TubeNet to provide your students the oppourtunity to meet Ukranian, French, Italian, Swedish and various other women of the world as well as the Russians. :lol:
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com offers more diversity...
:lol: It certainly does!

These two posts made my day... :D
Like!
All of your comments.
King 1165 Baritone, 1969