Editing/Deleting posts?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
TheHatTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Editing/Deleting posts?

Post by TheHatTuba »

Has the option the edit posts and delete posts that were not responded to removed?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Editing/Deleting posts?

Post by bort »

58mark wrote:I think Farah is experimenting with a time limit on editing. Like an hour

just an experiment. Feedback, as always, is welcome
At school, we have a time limit for our posts on the system we use for our online class discussions. Write a post, submit it, and you can edit it within 15 minutes.

Seems pretty cutthroat for TubeNet.

Not to mention, marking FS items as "SOLD" is common courtesy, and I hope something that we can keep doing.
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

I'm trying it out. And making mistakes too. I have reasons for restricting editing/deleting but understand if that won't work here.
--farah chisham
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

Also, maybe restrictioning the avatar size to 200 x 200 might've better too :oops:
--farah chisham
TheHatTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TheHatTuba »

FarahShazam wrote:I have reasons for restricting editing/deleting but understand if that won't work here.
That's fine, just wondering. When selling something, I usually delete the ad (if no one responds to them) and make a new post to "bump" them. Keeps things a bit more tidy.
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

I turned back on the edit/delete feature. I, too, thought about restricting that to that forum. Maybe. It isn't an urgent thing at the moment.
--farah chisham
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

It should be back on by now.

There are 2 separate menus for setting time limits. You have to set them both in order and with specific rules then click apply. And darn it if I can't do it right. So I just spent 2 hours cursing at my computer. I think I fixed it and if not, I'm going to eat a tub of ice cream and work on it on Monday.
--farah chisham
mckeedavid
lurker
lurker

Post by mckeedavid »

I posted an add some time back. I want to cancel it, but I don't see any way to do that.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

mckeedavid wrote:I posted an add some time back. I want to cancel it, but I don't see any way to do that.
I don't think you can delete a post after it has a reply without moderator help. You can ask one of them to do it (which they should see here, though it doesn't guarantee they will) or you can edit the post and replace the text with an asterisk or two.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Just revise the post to not show a price. Then the moderators will jump right on it and delete it. :P

But really, just mark the item as sold or no longer available. Either edit the original post, or add a new post to the bottom.