Off topic I know...Private Messaging question

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Travelman
bugler
bugler

Off topic I know...Private Messaging question

Post by Travelman »

Recently I never seem to get my private messages sent. they just sit in my "outbox"...and never turn up in my "sent" box. At issue right now, is a tuba that I am selling. I have pm's coming in from interested members, but cannot answer because my messages haven't gone out properly.

i just pm'd an admin for help...but then, guess what? that message just landed in you-know-where and didn't get sent.

I'd appreciate some suggestions and preferably a solution.
Thanks much!
tmz1m
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Off topic I know...Private Messaging question

Post by tmz1m »

I'm not an expert, but I think that when it shows up in your "outbox" it just means the person hasn't received/read it yet. Feel free to send me a PM and I can respond to it once I receive it to check my theory.
Rath R9 Bass Trombone
Getzen 3047AFR Tenor Trombone
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

Travelman wrote:Recently I never seem to get my private messages sent. they just sit in my "outbox"...and never turn up in my "sent" box. At issue right now, is a tuba that I am selling. I have pm's coming in from interested members, but cannot answer because my messages haven't gone out properly.

i just pm'd an admin for help...but then, guess what? that message just landed in you-know-where and didn't get sent.

I'd appreciate some suggestions and preferably a solution.
Thanks much!
Apparently, they sit in the outbox until the recipient reads them. This makes it possible to delete a message before the recipient has read it, but it is confusing at first.

Rick "noting that not all transactors respond as quickly as the sender would like" Denney
Travelman
bugler
bugler

Post by Travelman »

That sounds like a good explanation. I ended up emailing one of the people and never went through the pm...this recent one was just sent this morning...I'll see how it goes.

Thanks much!