Tapatalk support?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Stipe
lurker
lurker

Tapatalk support?

Post by Stipe »

I follow most of boards which interest me with an app called Tapatalk on my phone and I guess I'm not the only one.
Admins, is there any chance to install the Tapatalk plugin (basic version is free) to this board also?

Thx in advance for your effort.
Don't panic!
Stipe
lurker
lurker

Re: Tapatalk support?

Post by Stipe »

Umm, I'm afraid I've been misunderstood.
Tapatalk provides a plugin that needs to be downloaded and installed to phpBB board (see the link in my previous post, which also includes description of installation procedure) and then allows users to browse and post to a board via an app on a phone.
Don't panic!
Stipe
lurker
lurker

Post by Stipe »

bloke wrote:What does that ap do that makes it easier?
Well, it's more a matter of personal preference, I guess.
I'm well aware, that we can do all the mentioned stuff on a mobile even without additional apps, but for me the uniform layout of all boards in the app (no problems with resizing, moving buttons, missed clicks because of chunky fingers, etc) and the possibility to follow all boards (for me that's more than 10 boards) in one app without switching websites, different logins, one zillion additional clicks, etc... just makes the difference :).
Don't panic!
Stipe
lurker
lurker

Post by Stipe »

Schlepporello wrote:54 cents gets you a stylus at Wal-Mart. Makes them small screens lots easier to touch.
Thx for your suggestion - but my Galaxy Note already has a stylus and "chunky fingers" (I try not to use stylus unless really necessary) are just a minor reason for my Tapatalk request :wink: .
Don't panic!
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

I've looked into it--right now, it would involve shutting down the forum for a week to upgrade, install, and check to make sure the forum comes back up. It would take that long because I can't baby sit it around the clock. If anyone has installed tapatalk on a forum of this size, my inbox is open. :mrgreen:
--farah chisham